Ambulance Conversion - New Modifications.

Abitibi

Explorer
I thought so.
I have a 5x11 feet ceiling with 2x2 ribs from side to side ONLY. No ribs from front to back.
Maybe I'll cut out a section of 1"x14" from two neighboring ribs and I'll ask someone to weld a piece for support.
BTW, what material would you recommend me to use to cover the ceiling?
Can't remember the name but did you have a look at the material I used in my build thread? After a few months of used I'm really impressed with it. And I too love my MaxAir fan!

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

yzeevy

Adventurer
Had both. I'd choose the Maxxair. When it rains the Fantastic Fan has to close, unless you put a separate cover over it, which is usually pretty tall. The Maxxair can stay open even in a monsoon, isn't too tall even when fully open, and if needed can be closed if clearance is really an issue.
I am glad I got 2 out of 2 recommendations.
I ordered one two days ago

yzeevy

Adventurer
Can't remember the name but did you have a look at the material I used in my build thread? After a few months of used I'm really impressed with it. And I too love my MaxAir fan!

Can I have the link to your build?

yzeevy

Adventurer
Here it is:
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103768

Check page 21... Or the whole thing

Compared to my manufacturing abilities you are from another planet . . .
BTW, I too, cut out a round piece to put in the LP tank. Never had a problem.
My knowledge in Acrylic panels are very limited.
Isn't that too fragile material?
Any way, it looks like I'll go with 3/8" plywood. Sanded will give me a bit more then 1/4", what I really want.

Abitibi

Explorer
Thanks!

The acrylic paneling is plenty strong, doesn't absorb water, easy to clean and brighten the interior. Plus I was even able to make my corners out of it so I wouldn't be concerned at all, great product! I like plywood but it's a lot more work!

Keep on building!
David

yzeevy

Adventurer
Maxxair

Received today the fan.
I wonder why the box was opened and closed with sellotape . . . top and bottom . . .

Last edited:

yzeevy

Adventurer
ROOF insulation

Appreciate all the responses, thanks!
My roof, thick aluminum, is a source for a lot of heat, despite 2 inch insulation!
Is there anything that I can apply outside on the roof beside painting it white?

Last edited:

yzeevy

Adventurer
Fan Installed

20161006_115332.jpg
So, I had to cut out a section of 1 x 14" from 2 ribs.
Found someone to weld across two pieces 2x2x12 for support and Voilà . . .
20161006_115213.jpg
Tomorrow I start to cover the ceiling.
I'll use 1/4" FIR Plywood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven