AmbuLand build thread

philos

Explorer
Philos,

You have a set of factory sienna slides?

You'll need to mount them on a platform of some sort because they'll be too low if mounted directly to the floor.

Actually, I'm going to try and get the Ford slides I currently have in the stock seats to work with the Sienna seats. I had a quick glance at them last night, and it's looking doable. I'm planning on using the factory Ford base/platform with some modification...

Abitibi

Explorer
Ert01, just pm me what you're looking for (size, thread, quantity...) and I'll have a look for you.

Philos your idea might work but it's never as simple as it looks! If I had a set of those fancy Siena seats I'd get the mgmetalworks mounts and call it a day! But nothing lost in trying first, would be sweet if it worked out!

Got some other goodies coming in lately. 160W Solar panels and a big muffler!
4ee1b2312055f186f08276cadb536dde.jpg
3379d9896b1289dccd82d372d4d802b1.jpg
d10c3f2c8d2f7b223b1dcab57f5cfb04.jpg
b2dde526bb645e02bcb033b072f794db.jpg

I also drove by this awesome 4X4 Iveco today. Looks like the Swiss owners put her in storage for a while. Just as a reference the bottom of the windshield is 5'6"! Pretty darn good looking!
af0c90ec06eefc74daf4863f3a408e21.jpg

ef0932ebee2e67164aaffb7252bd93c6.jpg

Cheers
Mr. D

philos

Explorer
The MG seat bases are nice, no doubt. They're also on the spendy side, and currently sold out. My inner DIY side would feel better doing it on my own, I'm also kind of a cheap bastid.
Hijack over.

That Aux tank for your veggie sounds like it'll be too big. I feel like that'd be a lot of stress on the mounting straps/hardware, no? But the range you'd get is pretty tempting too....

Abitibi

Explorer
That Aux tank for your veggie sounds like it'll be too big. I feel like that'd be a lot of stress on the mounting straps/hardware, no? But the range you'd get is pretty tempting too....
Hey philos, I'm not too concerned with the large tank. The load will get spread onto 4 contact points. Just got to make sure it's done right. Just think how much that 7.3 weighs on the frame...

As for that foam and noise reduction I have no idea yet since I'm not driving this van yet, just slowly working on her ;)

Abitibi

Explorer
I sure will. Looking back though I should have built my front diesel tank shallower as it sticks out more than I like (almost 8" below the frame). Given this is not a rock crawler and she'll end up with a 6" lift on 35's but I must have been drinking when I fitted my template!

Abitibi

Explorer
Hey Greg, it's a slow process but it's coming. It's nice to put some projects behind me and focus on the next ones!

This is what i did today. Nice stainless skid plate for the tank. I cut some thinner 14 gauge strips to make my tank's support straps... still haven't figured exactly how I'm gonna mount it but there's only so many options...

0513daeb3aa12860bc091ffbe6db7af3.jpg
9155d7d4805f0bbc8c58a6ed663acd59.jpg

Cheers
Mr. D

Abitibi

Explorer
Finally started playing with the Ambo again!

I'm almost done with both front and rear bumpers. I posted this on a different thread but will post here once they are all finished, hopefully by next week.

Yesterday I finished sound proofing and insulating the front cab. Dynamat followed by a noise and heat material that I've never tried before but it gets great reviews in Australia. I double layered ceiling and doors. I did the floor earlier so I can call it done.

fc1346afa132b5043b6ef79f65e9ea06.jpg

74d67c101766ddfb8fac48e6e483133d.jpg

Few more things to catch up with then I can start on the interior.

Cheers
David

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
You'll have to let me know how it works out... Especially since we've got the same rigs.

How do you like those retrofit tail lights? The 60701 grommets are $4.50 each, but shipping is about $22. Are they LED or incandescent? My stock lights suck, so I've got some LED panels on order. We'll see once they arrive if they are an improvement over stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven