AmbuLand build thread

Abitibi

Explorer
Thanks Greg. Yes it's finally thing shape and getting cozy! Only problem is all my bodies are taking over the ambo and don't refill my fridge, lol

fa54813015a798389697ef349c20efa8.jpg

These are the latest updates. I've done more in the last two months than the last two years!

Using some bamboo flooring as countertop...

073762dae7bb5927e4c10f7b91ae1551.jpg

And all done with the stove in place.

6c8ee6e0a0e9b6e7ed0114ef9213dadd.jpg

6bda42c344923d99d7a8972271b11f92.jpg

That cabinet doubles as toilet storage and extra drawer storage...

2e90e54fc576b46bc04a37e4a164f9d9.jpg

9a6bf9e48ce4eb9000cb7160c9e8dd0e.jpg

Opposite side is the sink, fridge, water tank...

6e1c40de9f94aea6fe429865d025aaf6.jpg

For the drain I wanted to keep it simple. No Gray water tank. It either dumps under the van or into a bucket. This is what I made to connect my 3/4" hydraulic hose. Could have used a garden hose but this had a larger inside diameter...

a43991a8697fb4921ec2be394ae4618c.jpg

Up front is a handy little 2-way level when parking overnight, fits perfectly on the cup holder. The new radio with backup camera and the Ham radio.

b14996842405011100c99d9bf651cfb0.jpg

I'm almost done installing my FPHE for the sink and 2nd shower on driver side but I'm heading out camping tomorrow morning so it will have to wait. I don't mind ;)

Cheers
David

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Your 'flooring' countertop looks great, gives me ideas... I'm glad to see you rrig is coming along so well.

The Habitat ReStore always has small quantities of floor for reasonable prices. Now, I just need to find the time and energy to make some progress.

Abitibi

Explorer
Yes getting real close! Love my jig :)

Craigslist always have people giving left over flooring for free or just about. That's how I got mine...

Quick change on the roofrack this morning then loading her up and hitting the mountains for the next 5 days. Good Time!

Cheers
David

FDM2012

Adventurer
Remember where you got the breaker box for your switches? I am wondering if they have different styles.
My switches will be all Freightliner rockers, so I doubt they would fit in the one you have.

AND, regarding your shower: About how many gallons of water per shower do you think you are using,
and how big of a fresh water tank did you put in?

Thx,

Eric

My sparky friend Jay found me this perfect switch panel to replace the bulky one previously on the doghouse. It was meant to be mounted vertical as a breaker box but it fits perfectly on the ceiling between the sun visors. I figure I can mount 8 toggle switches and another 8 regular ones, plenty! And so compact!!!

This is where it will mount:
u9amu3at.jpg

ypyru5er.jpg

And a close up to see how it looks bare. I'll cut more openings once I figure how many switches I need...
qutemy8u.jpg

Cheers,
Mr. D[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
Sorry Eric, that breaker box was kinda one of a deal thing. Came off a boat and no idea of the brand (no marking). It does work great though!

As for shower, my tank is 22 gallons and if I'm careful I use less than 3 gallons per shower (and that's not going crazy). If I use 5 gallons per shower it's almost luxury for me, but might help that I'm bald! Hahaha

Slicky72

Adventurer
Lost track of this thread as life has got busy with a new family member arriving last Feb . So glad to see this finally coming to fruition for you guys . Looks great . What 4wd conversion did you use?

Abitibi

Explorer
Thanks Slicky.

Decided to go with Agile and so glad I did! The ride is simply amazing for such a large vehicle. There's still a bunch of small projects to finish and a few more to start but as is I can finally use it comfortably... about time! Hahaha!

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Thanks Slicky.

Decided to go with Agile and so glad I did! The ride is simply amazing for such a large vehicle. There's still a bunch of small projects to finish and a few more to start but as is I can finally use it comfortably... about time! Hahaha!

They're a big vehicle? I hadn't realized. Once everything is working right they're nicer to drive than most small cars.

I've finally got the steering, brakes, suspension, A/C, heaters, drive train, and did I mention brakes, working right. They'll actually stop surprisingly fast... rather than just wishful thinking.

FDM2012

Adventurer
Do you know the LOADED OUT weight of your rig?

I am most likely going to do the RIP from Agile, but mine will be around 12k-ish once loaded out,
and while John is quite assured that I will be good with single shocks, sometimes I wonder....
But he is the Pro, and I am just the guy figuring things out as I go, and from watching everyone
else build theirs!

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Empty Abitibi & mine started at about 8500 lbs. He likely removed about 500 lbs, and then stared his build & conversion.

Abitibi

Explorer
Loaded I'm only shy of 10,000lbs and my suspension is awesome. If I could get the rear to behave like the front it'd be a 10,000lbs racing machine! The rear bounces a little due to that big stack of leafs compared to the front but everyone who tried my an in the rough were really pressed with it.

I too don't think you need double shocks and realistically your front end should weigh similar to mine... Save yourself the money and try without :)

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Do you know the LOADED OUT weight of your rig?

I am most likely going to do the RIP from Agile, but mine will be around 12k-ish once loaded out,
and while John is quite assured that I will be good with single shocks, sometimes I wonder....
But he is the Pro, and I am just the guy figuring things out as I go, and from watching everyone
else build theirs!

Last I checked mine ran about 10.5K "normal" and I doubt my loaded ready to go weight varies by more than a couple hundred. Not much to add that I dont usually carry except some food, clothes, and maybe extra water.

Oh, and I did a 0-60 test the other day and managed a 14 second burn! Woot! Warp speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven