Anybody heard from Colorado Camper Vans?

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
I have a van in their shop currently. I will have to say, they are the worst at communicating and that has been extremely disappointing. However, their pop-tops are the best out there for the price from what I've seen. I'll post a hands on review after I pick it up. 2014 Mercedes Sprinter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do it in an independent thread please. Maybe "pop-top reviews" or "ccv review", etc. Looking forward to it.

TetonVan

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to chime into this thread here. I've just gotten some work done with CCV, and I'd encourage any potential customer to go somewhere else. The craftsmanship is very sloppy, and you'll regret it. I had to return my vehicle to get things fixed, and they screwed up AGAIN the 2nd time. Derek did give me a "discount" b/c they screwed up, but now my van is in my local mechanics garage and he's trying to figure out how to fix it. The electric is really messed up, and the mechanic is scratching his head. Derek did say he would help compensate me for anything that was CCV's fault, so I'll follow up on this thread to let you know if he keeps his word on that. Ain't gonna be cheap, and that's just the beginning of the issues I was left with....

I originally drove away with my power locks not working, airbags not working, seatbelt broken, stereo not working & installed very poorly, paint peeling (literally 4 days after it was painted), and the bed / fouton combo that I ordered 12" too short. I'm 6'4" and asked for a 6'5" bed. When I showed up it was more like 5'4". Clearly not going to work. Please note - this is a 2011 van in good condition. No rust, everything WAS working when I brought it into CCV.

It seems like there are a limited number of places that custom van work can get done which is why I ended up going to these guys. They were able to fit me into their schedule without breaking the bank.

As the old saying goes, "Cheap, fast, and high quality.... Pick two" - Well... CCV is cheap and fast.

Go somewhere else. Trust me !!

Attachments

• _95A1309.jpg
    _95A1309.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 71
  • _95A1314.jpg
    _95A1314.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 73

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
Ughhh - this is hard to read. Really need a pop-top to make the layout work...don't want to wait multiple years for something else. Mine is in the queue only for a pop-top and nothing else. Hoping it all goes smoothly. Was hoping that because I've made a deposit I would get better communication from them but so far not the case.

Anyone have any threads to point me to for a flexible sleeping and storage situation for wife and I at 6'0"+ and our 3 year old boy in the back?

TetonVan

Mine already had one of these installed from the previous owner - http://www.sportsmobile.com/penthouse-top/

I'm super happy with it. Easy to put up and down, and no mechanical parts. A friend of mine got a pop-top done from CCV, and while it looks nice, the motor for the top crapped out after only a month or two and he had to have it replaced. I don't know if Derek billed him for the replacement, you would have to ask Derek yourself =)

UPDATE : Just talked to Derek, and he is willing to pay the labor that is being done on my vehicle now. While I appreciate it, it is still frustrating as I have driven down to Colorado twice from northern Wyoming. This is it's 4th visit to the garage, instead of just one visit to CCV ! There are a number of things that he's claiming aren't his responsibility, though I had owned the van for over a year and never had these problems before I brought the rig to CCV. (sigh)

Anyways, good luck with your modifications. I strongly encourage you to take your time and money somewhere else. Trust me :coffee:

_95A8718.jpg

mikracer

Adventurer
Mine already had one of these installed from the previous owner - http://www.sportsmobile.com/penthouse-top/

I'm super happy with it. Easy to put up and down, and no mechanical parts. A friend of mine got a pop-top done from CCV, and while it looks nice, the motor for the top crapped out after only a month or two and he had to have it replaced. I don't know if Derek billed him for the replacement, you would have to ask Derek yourself =)

UPDATE : Just talked to Derek, and he is willing to pay the labor that is being done on my vehicle now. While I appreciate it, it is still frustrating as I have driven down to Colorado twice from northern Wyoming. This is it's 4th visit to the garage, instead of just one visit to CCV ! There are a number of things that he's claiming aren't his responsibility, though I had owned the van for over a year and never had these problems before I brought the rig to CCV. (sigh)

Anyways, good luck with your modifications. I strongly encourage you to take your time and money somewhere else. Trust me :coffee:

View attachment 328332

What all did you have CCV do to your van? Sounds like it was more than just a top being installed.

FarmerFrederico

Adventurer
Wanted to circle back and capture my experiences with CCV.
The good news is, all things happen for a reason. We found this beauty, already built that fulfilled more of our requirements and received incredible service with Phoenix Pop Up Campers.
View attachment 324557

Thanks for the update, Butch. I've got a deposit in now for two weeks and I haven't heard back from Derek about some questions. I'll bug him again tomorrow.

Congrats on this beauty! That will be a fun ride for sure.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...

View attachment 328332

Sorry to hear this, glad to see your posts though. His pop-up tops are very tempted with the added space vs sportsmobile (and I would have to assume lower price), but as I hear from more people I've crossed CCV off of my list. I hope you get everything worked out on your van!

Randall Dee

Huge Member
Does CCV have an exclusive on that top? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that someone had one shipped to Van Specialties for install?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater