At last, A 12 valve sits in my driveway!

chasespeed

Explorer
Yeah, I really dont remember, besides, that was on my 7.3. Different intake hose....

BUT, regardless, I would rather have a solid piece of metal to clamp against.....

Chase

chasespeed

Explorer
You know what, do yourself one better. Go over the the cumminsforum.com, and search the BHAF. Dig a little, and do what YOU think is best for you. I like to over engineer, and over think some things...

Chase

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I am on cumminsforum, but like the peeps here on expo waaaay more. Not so much attitude. I do lots of searching there, but no posting as of yet.

chasespeed

Explorer
I dont post on there often at all... in fact, been months since I have been on there. There really isnt much.... contests on here, like there is there....

Chase

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
So after 2.5 hours of driving into town to get 4" exhaust tubing for the bhaf... It doesn't need any! Boy am I smart! Next time I will look first. Oh well, if I don't learn anything new I figure it is almost a wasted day. Once it cools down under the hood and outside I will huck in the filter.

bftank

Explorer
i used a short piece of 4" in my 01 dodge that i tapped into the filter and then the other hose slipped over the filter. this way i could get the clamp good and tight.

did you get the cover for the filter too?

there is a template online for a heatshield i could dig up for you if you want.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I didn't get a cover, but I guess living in a rainforest I should... I would love to see a heat shield template. I will just make one up one day if need be. I just fired it up and she does whistle a bit more! Sounds like my 05 did.:sombrero:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Thanks B, I will donload the heatshield later on my laptop. I think I am ok without the outerwear for now as I am currently living in the desert, but come oct the rains will begin. Did you notice any difference in egt or power with the bhaf? I assume the outerwear doesn't restrict it much at all?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Bummer... Can't open the template as I run Macs without any windows programs. I will just whip something up with some scrap aluminum I have.

bftank

Explorer
i'll see if i can get my wife to make a mac translation of it. she's one of those techy types.

i couldn't really tell you for sure if it made a difference as i changed my turbo and exhaust all at the same time. i thought my turbo was squeeling do to wheel contact. turns out after $1500 it's the throwout bearing on the tranny. doh! mine doesn't whistle very much at all.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Just came back from first drive and oh goody! Does he ever let you he's turboed!:sombrero: Doesn't seem to make a whole bunch more power, but just went a couple o country miles. I'll find out when I get it warmed up on a longer drive this week.

SChandler

Adventurer
I converted the file to a pdf. I believe you Mac types should be able to open it now.

Attachments

• BHAF.pdf
    17.5 KB · Views: 27

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Thanks SC... you Oregonians are so hospitable! We always make Champoeg our first stop on the way south! I think, having looked at the drawings, I will probably just measure and fab my own as the drawings would take me longer to print and cut than to just go from scratch... Thanks again though!

SChandler

Adventurer
Glad I could help. I know I've seen photos on the forums of the heatshield/mount somewhere before. It is simpler in practice than that template makes it look, I think. I don't know for sure, I have a 1st gen and the mount is different.:sombrero:

I run the Outerwears cover on mine. It is water resistant and helps extend the life of the paper filter by preventing the big chunks from getting to the filter. I have been running my paper filter for about 50k now and it still looks good.

Champoeg is supposed to be pretty neat, but I don't know for sure. It's one of many places in this state that I should have been to by now, but haven't yet. In the next year or so, I hope to make the hour or so drive out there with my wife and take a look around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC