Australian touring vehicle

engineer

Adventurer
Im in love! What a beautiful rig!:Wow1::drool: Now THAT would make a perfect RV for my family. What do used units go for?

Good luck finding one, they are all in six wheeler heaven!! Last one that i know of that was operational was on Fraser island nearly 10 years ago!!

markymark

there's been one for sale in just 4x4's for the past coupla months. 25 Gorillas and she's yours. :ylsmoke:

Last edited:

markymark

not sure, it's a black and white pic... a lighter colour though, white or tan or something. Seen a couple come up on carsales and ebay over the past year, one was a half finished reno, which looked pretty good. The others were full of rust from what I could tell.

Mickldo

Adventurer
There has been a light blue one parked at a servo near my work for about five years now, hasn't moved once. It has a phone number painted on the window so I assume it is for sale. That is as much as I know about it as I have never checked it out apart from looking at it each day on the way to work. I get fuel from a different servo so have never gone for a closer look.

If you want I can go and ask about it and check it out.

Mickldo

Adventurer
I went down there this arvo and asked about it. The young guy on the counter knew nothing about it but he said he would ask for me if I came back later in the week.

Sorry about the quality of the photos.

The cruiser had a little rust in it but if you had a good panel beater it could be fixed. The phone number on the side looks to be the previous owners. There were faded silhouettes of the old sign writing. One said "Deepwater and Eurimbula National Parks" and the other "Discovery Coast Detours"

engineer

Adventurer
Thanks Mick, great work mate!!
It's a 6x4 tourer made by either Pierce engineering or Coerts in Noosa. It looks like the old model, which is discernable by the roof shape, the newer models had a 100mm height added above the windscreen. They were famous along with the arkana and preferred until the advent of the Mits Canter, which were more capable and carry more weight.
The construction was monocoque, spot welded and a guaranteed 5 kg of bog with every bus!!! They also had issues with major cracking of the join above the windscreen. This was over come with various methods, like using Oz Easts fibreglass windscreen surrounds and only Sikaflex where the join was originally below the screen. Successful, but you had to change the door locks every machinery inspection.
I'm still keen depending on the price......

engineer

Adventurer
I knew i had photos
sc0008814e.jpg

sc00089ae9.jpg

sc0008b582.jpg

Mickldo

Adventurer
What a weapon. What's with the fore and aft back doors? Seems a bit odd. Was it full of rust?

By the look of it the fore and aft doors were for easier access to the seating in the back.

There was fair bit of rust in it but I reckon if you had access to a good panel beater and some replacement panels it could be salvaged. The worst I saw was across the cowl at the base of the windscreen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater