Baby Jeep 2015 Renegade?

madmax718

Explorer
The great part about this suv is that its wide-not necessarily long- which is perfect for wider american butts, and easier to park.

I cant wait to see the Jeep purists heads' explode when the see that Mopar is already offering a "lowering" kit. Yep you read that right. i will just leave this here....
cffbczqbwxzmdt2gr1kr.png

Maybe it starts a career as a WRC Rally car, or whatever the current organization for that is. A dirt road-course car? 4-wheel-drive drifting? :D

I still think it's cool.

Pete

Justincredible

Adventurer
They blew it by not offering a manual in the US. Same with the Cherokee.

I would've considered both if not for that oversight.

CurtStyler

Observer
I like this little guy, glad to see it has other fans as well.

I can't wait to hear more about fuel consumption and pricing.

I like the sound of the 1.4L Turbo with a manual and 4WD, but I don't think that one gets all the goodies the Trailhawk will.

It's going to be a hard choice but this is a serious contender for a "gas saver" car that can still have some impromptu fun.

the59sound

Observer
Jeep purists will NEVER be happy, ever.

Even if Jeep builds a very capable solid axle vehicle, it would never please them short of building a monster tube buggy. Otherwise they wouldn't have (and still be) dissing the JK like they do, (go see how many baffoons are berating the JK on Jeepforum).

I no longer call them Jeep purists, but delusional if anything. The Renegade is an excellent design for a small SUV, far better than the Compass and Patriot, and sure to bring in loads of more revenue for Jeep to continue supplying the delusionals with their damn rock buggy, which they will ***** and moan about every reiteration anyway (don't get me wrong, I love the Wrangler and will be right there crying bloody murder if Jeep messes it up), but come on, not EVERY model must be solid axle and ladder frame!

As for the Renegade, perfect design for anyone needing a small vehicle with some capability but not wanting overkill, Jeep nailed it with this model. The KL Cherokee is the only one I would have done differently, but with the Wrangler, Grand Cherokee and Renegade, those are 3 winners, and I'll be anxiously awaiting the new Grand Wagoneer this year or next year.

agreed. if/when I get rid of my wrangler this looks like it could be a very good contender.

ExpoMike

I'm actually kind of liking it. I think what will likely keep me out of it will be price. My guess is a loaded Trailhawk version will be close to $30K Guess we'll see.

Saw the Renegade @ Genova Motorshow today. It's a funny little car , that surely has a place in the new Global Markets. The name "Renegade" is correct , this car is a new start for Jeep , a new start in a new decade , for new markets. And no its defenitly not a "relooked" Panda.
Ok the interior looks a bit " Italian plastic" but the biggest handicap is the VIN number : it's a Fiat VIN ??

image.jpg

Gtrts

mrpotatohead

Observer
Saw the Renegade @ Genova Motorshow today. It's a funny little car , that surely has a place in the new Global Markets. The name "Renegade" is correct , this car is a new start for Jeep , a new start in a new decade , for new markets. And no its defenitly not a "relooked" Panda.
Ok the interior looks a bit " Italian plastic" but the biggest handicap is the VIN number : it's a Fiat VIN ??

View attachment 214255

Gtrts

Strange, I didn't think pre-production cars had vins.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
They blew it by not offering a manual in the US. Same with the Cherokee.

I would've considered both if not for that oversight.

Why is that a deal breaker? autos have better mileage than manuals, are faster and the get in and go is great. Not having to worry about clutches and rowing your way home is a total bonus.

Idahoan

Adventurer
I like it, I'd buy one for my wife to run around town in. I'm glad to see that they put ugly wheels on Italian crap too.

Justincredible

Adventurer
Why is that a deal breaker? autos have better mileage than manuals, are faster and the get in and go is great. Not having to worry about clutches and rowing your way home is a total bonus.

I have yet to see an auto turn out better mileage in the real world.
A dual clutch is faster, but a regular auto rarely is unless geared better.
"Worrying" about clutches and rowing my way home is the whole point. I want to drive my cars, not just ride in them.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
I have yet to see an auto turn out better mileage in the real world.
A dual clutch is faster, but a regular auto rarely is unless geared better.
"Worrying" about clutches and rowing my way home is the whole point. I want to drive my cars, not just ride in them.

Agreed on all fronts. I won't buy a vehicle unless I can get it in a manual transmission. The non Trailhawk Renegade will be available with the six-speed manual and 1.4-liter MultiAir engine, which would be my choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333