Big THANK YOU to the Hollister Overland team!

dbreid

Adventurer
Dan

Here is a picture of your "Mall Cruiser" going through the mud puddle

DSCF0011.jpg

Bwahahahaa! Martyn, it was great to meet you! As I am sure you guessed, right after this shot, I had to wax the truck some more, and buff out and scratches. You know I like to keep that rig pristine looking.... I was super worried about scratching it on this course!

HAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously though... It was was nice to feel accepted, even though I showed up with a non-standard truck. That was the best part of the show, that everyone drove something different, and we all worked as a team.

For that obstacle course, I knew I was too wide for a couple of the poles, and I was there more for fun than anything. But it was fun to run it anyway!

-Dan

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Correct. It is very steep... probably on the order of 40 degrees. The hill is also covered in fine dust that makes everything very slippery. I took a spill on that hill when McVick was tossing me a d shackle. A complicated recovery, and a learning experience. Glad we got it out without injury or further damage to the vehicle.

It gets even slicker just after a nice rain...when I went up...that hill definitely gives one a pucker factor:Wow1:

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
So much fun. Thanks to all who attended and made it such a wonderful weekend. I have many more images, but this will make for a good start.

The Dakar race presentation
overland_rally_.jpg

A G-Class in action. The guy who owns this G is the founder of Utilikilt.
overland_rally_%20(1).jpg

Sweet 80 series
overland_rally_%20(2).jpg

I love this 650. The most tempting BMW I have seen in person
overland_rally_%20(3).jpg

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
This event nailed it - rigs, vendors, food, beer, trails, classes, presentations and cool laid back people. I predict major success for future rallies if we stay true to this formula. I had a GREAT time at Hollister!!!

The high point of every day for me was the crew at OVERLAND GOURMET!!! You guys rocked it and your efforts directly impacted the positive vibes and ambiance of this whole event - you guys rock!!!

This event was simply outstanding in every way and I am blown away by the quality and diversity of the PEOPLE who organized and attended this event.

- Scott Brady - Thank you, I was truly honored to have been a part of this. I look forward to the opportunity to work with you on future endeavors. Thanks for letting me drive the J8!!!

- Brian McVickers, JP, Andre - Thanks for everything, you all did a great job organizing and it was a GREAT SUCCESS!!!

- James and Beth (Redline) - Love the Kimberly and the FCII's, good to see you guys again and I look forward to future trips with you guys!

- J Brandon and Mike Leary - Nice meeting you guys! I look forward to future trips with either of you gentlemen. Mike, I really enjoyed your company and if you ever find yourself headed out west to CA let me know, I have some spots out here you need to see ;)

- Robert (barlowrs) - I had a great time hanging out with you and Elena, we need to get out there for desert season this year

- Matt, Mandy and the Benders Clan - Good people, I really enjoyed you guys and am stoked about getting together for that trip to NorCal this November :D

- Joey (the Snow Peak guy) - Thanks to you I now have a major lust for all things Snow Peak!!!

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I love this 650. The most tempting BMW I have seen in person
overland_rally_%20%283%29.jpg

Scott, there is a '07 650 X-Challenge here in Tucson that is unofficially for sale. 6,500 +/- miles, in *really* nice shape. Rumors that were floated around during Pork-Fest indicate that a stack of 55, $100 bills, would be enough to get the title and keys.

Or, more your style and less than 1/2 the price, is a 2000 Husaberg 600E that is also unofficially for sale in Tucson . . .

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Live vicariously, experience the Vehicle Challenge Course, 2010 Hollister Hills Rally

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHUCosZzjY4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHUCosZzjY4[/ame]

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Did anyone show up with a 2wd vehicle? Bummed I missed it, but I picked up a surprise item this weekend.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Live vicariously, experience the Vehicle Challenge Course, 2010 Hollister Hills Rally

Nice Martyn.

BTW, have the results from the Challenge been posted yet?:smiley_drive:

SWbySWXJ, There were motorcycles there. ;) Seriously though, I saw a number of VW vans but I suspect they were all 4wd/awd models.

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Sorry I don't know, I wasn't involved in the organizational side of the event, just the fun side :sombrero:

Oops. My mistake. The question was one for anyone who nows and not necessarily directed at you. Gotta stop drinking coffee in the afternoon I guess...:coffeedrink:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Oops. My mistake. The question was one for anyone who nows and not necessarily directed at you. Gotta stop drinking coffee in the afternoon I guess...:coffeedrink:

Brian has the results for the Expedition Trophy. However he is slowly traveling back to Arizona this week so it may take a couple more days before he announces the winner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__