Building My Overland Tacoma: Plans, Progress, Perplexions

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Great trips.

Do you ever take any pics of your camp setup?

Thanks. They are all from one trip this spring, I am just slow in posting them up.

Below are some photos from camps we stayed at for a couple of nights. Just looks like we are parked for a while. The chairs come out while we use them, the PEET gets set up next to an open door of the truck, the Spot is set on the rack, the ARB camp light is hung from the rack, and once in a while we open up the awning. We cook on the tailgate and sleep on the bed platform. Never have setup the Paha Que' Outhouse and I am not carrying a camp table as the tailgate works for me. About the only thing that gives away the fact that it is a camp is if I have driven up on some rocks to level the truck.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I posted this over on 'Docs thread, just wanted the information here as well.

A tailgate sealing kit is key.

LINK

I used most of two kits on my tailgate, and I get about four square inches of dust after driving the most horrible dusty roads.

It will not stick to plastic, so I do not have it along the bottom of the bed, but I have never had a problem with much dust coming in there.

Install it and then drive a dusty road, it will be clear where dust is still coming in and needs more sealing.

daverami

Explorer
Has anybody installed a Cyclone air pre-cleaner on a 05+ Tacoma?

I looked into it and was told by someone that put one in their 4Runner, and sells Toyota parts, that they will not fit as the plumbing is different. Can't remember the details, but I was bummed out.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I looked into it and was told by someone that put one in their 4Runner, and sells Toyota parts, that they will not fit as the plumbing is different. Can't remember the details, but I was bummed out.

So the FJC one would not work then? That is a bummer. I wonder what is different that the FJC one doesn't work?

Anybody know of a after-market one that would work?

This is what I want. I am tiered of expensive clogged air filters.

Yesterday I spent 4+ hours on the Cleghorn Trail as tailgunner for a group of 12 trucks. The trail was dry and very dusty. Here is what the prefilter kept out of my paper filter

The paper has 1/4" square grid lines.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Went out and took a quick (current wind chill is -30*) look under the hood. Still am not sure why it would not work with a little plumbing. Is the air intake a different diameter on the FJC/4Runner? One problem might be the windshield washer reservoir is to close to allow the swap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy