Building My Overland Tacoma: Plans, Progress, Perplexions

ywen

Explorer
great pics! I'm interested in the Leer 122.. Do you have any pics of your setup inside?

I see you do a lot of photography.. when you go on these trips, do you store camera gear in the cab or in the bed? If in the bed, how secure is the Leer 122? Thanks!

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Thanks.

Yes, that is an awning on the back. I have a couple of posts in this thread from when I first got it, but I think the photo links are dead.
It is made by Shady Boy in Canada. Link

That's pretty slick! How do you like it and do you still have it mounted? About what did it cost and did you get it from Canada or do they market in the USA as well? Thanks...

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I didn't feel like going through all 60 pages, what page has the pics of the truck bed build?
:coffee:

Borealis

Page 20, but all the pics from those posts are offline.

Perhaps the OP could repost them, as I would really like to have a look as well.

Purrdy please?

Overland Hadley

on a journey
x4, come on op! :p

Sorry guys, I have been away from the Portal for a while.

I hate dead photo links. I will dig around and find a few pictures of the platform and drawers and post them up here.

But,

This winter I am working on a new platform setup. I am using very light and strong marine plywood, the weight savings of the new setup will be significant. I am also doing a bit of a redesign based on the 200+ nights I have spent sleeping in the back of the Tacoma.

So, I will get some photos of the old setup posted up soon, but check back for photos of the new setup.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I see you do a lot of photography.. when you go on these trips, do you store camera gear in the cab or in the bed? If in the bed, how secure is the Leer 122? Thanks!

The Leer has locks on the windows and rear glass, and the design of the rear glass keeps the tailgate from "easily" being opened. I am thinking about installing a Pop Lock to make the tailgate a little harder to open.

In the end the locks just keep honest people honest, and that is not a bad thing. If anybody really wants to get into the camper or the cab of the truck it is as simple as breaking a window. I have had somebody break a window to get in before, and there is not much that can be done about that. Just keep the valuable stuff out of the truck when parked.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
That's pretty slick! How do you like it and do you still have it mounted? About what did it cost and did you get it from Canada or do they market in the USA as well? Thanks...

The Shady Boy awning was nice, but I sold it this winter to another ExPo member. (I am looking at some other awning options)

If you are thinking about getting one order it direct from Canada. Better pricing and the owner/designer is great to work with.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
And while I am uploading photos here are a few more from the Spring of 2009.

"When you have been out here for a while, a shower is not a luxury, it is a necessity."
Thanks Frank!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy