campsite pics..lets see um

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
OK, you learn something new every day, I can see that I will be ditching my Canon gear for an iPhone before long :)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
OK, you learn something new every day, I can see that I will be ditching my Canon gear for an iPhone before long :)

It's really quite cool. Bit of a deviation from the thread, but here is a 30 second commercial from Apple showing how easy it is. What it doesn't show is how FAST it is. As soon as the image is saved (the animation of the thumbnail diving down onto the gallery icon, it's done. It's that fast.
http://youtu.be/8nTXaXxUn0A

Here is a simple sample Pano from my iPhone 4s, of Death Valley
CA_04051312474957-X3.jpg

Here is one where you see a bit of distortion due to the hill contours and such:
CA_04021323233590-X3.jpg

DJGoo

Too much WoW
I think it process the picture as it's taken. That would make more sense.

And here's a botched pano just for reference, then I'll be done being offtopic :ylsmoke::
IMG454.jpg
~9 hour hike for that shot :\

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
I think potentially that's an alright shot, but it needs a lot of work in PS to reduce the tonal range and if it's a JPG from a phone and not a RAW file that's tough luck I guess.

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Funny eh? Such a desolate place and yet everyone who camps seems to have a horseman ride by.

Great shot BTW, I'd love to go there one day.

photo_i

Explorer
Not so funny when you really do need some privacy :p :D But we loved Mongolia both times we were there. True nomadic country.

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Having been semi-nomadic most of my life and fully-nomadic the last 13 years maybe that's why I like the "idea" of Mongolia.

photo_i

Explorer
Will be interesting to see how Mongolia changes (if any) with all those big corporations moving in with mining...

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Probably not for the better, at least from our point of view. It may or may not help the locals, that depends on a lot of factors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk