campsite pics..lets see um

photoman

Explorer
So Aaron I'm putting 2 and 2 together here (houseboats, 5 photographers), was this some sort of photo weekend with a local club or something?

Having too many photographers in one place can be a problem (one reason I can't see myself ever going on a workshop that has 30 participants), but there's little better than sharing a few days with 4-5 like-minded photographers.

WOW! That's a photo excursion I'd love to go on! Who's in charge of setting it up??

Fantastic photos Aaron

Sorry for the delay on this response. This was a trip that I started working on back in February. The original cast was four of us that had done a photo trip together back in 2008 as part of a larger photographer gathering in Moab. We had such a good time that we have stayed in contact, met up with one another in our travels, and decided it was time for another adventure with all of us. We kicked around a few ideas and settled on a Lake Powell Houseboat trip. After much deliberation we opened our trip up to up 2 more photographers and Brad happened to available during the same time frame and we ended up with five total.

I will be creating a thread on dgrin.com tomorrow where we will share some of our candid photos, funny stories, and details of the trip from each of our perspectives.

Below is the thread from our trip back in 2008. It will give you an idea of our group of guys and what the trips are like.
.http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=108766&highlight=fantastic+voyage

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Aaron, I'm seldom on dgrin, will you please post up a link once you've started that thread? I'd love to hear more about that trip.

photoman

Explorer
Aaron, I'm seldom on dgrin, will you please post up a link once you've started that thread? I'd love to hear more about that trip.

Yep- I will do a short write up under Completed Adventures/Events with a link to the dgrin thread. We are posting there as it is our original connection and the only site we all share in common.

photo_i

Explorer
We spent 2 months in rental RVs in Greece and Croatia/Slovenia over this summer. Greece was wonderful - total freedom, could park overnight just about anywhere! :)

Neo Epidauros 3.jpg

Campsites.jpg

photo_i

Explorer
And the sign in the first pic?

Doesn't matter, it's in Greek. :)

:D:D:D

We ran into a very nice couple at that spot in Neo Epidaurus on our 3d day in Greece - Greek guy and his Russian wife (I'm Russian myself) - and spent few hours plotting our itinerary around the country with his vast knowledge of camping with RV. He told us that this sign doesn't apply to us, campervaners, 'cause we don't camp, we just park overnight. :)

photo_i

Explorer
And that's how we camped in Croatia (Krk island). :D

(sorry for the iPad picture quality)

Camping-el-box-1.jpg

Camping-el-box-2.jpg

Last edited:

photo_i

Explorer
Yep, electrical umbilical cord is a thing to avoid at all costs if you don't like rubbing shoulders with other fellow campers. :)

VoGods camping.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal