campsite pics..lets see um

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Great spot, shame about the wind. I hate wind but at least with a nice warm box to sit in it's tolerable.

The shot was taken in the nice calm morning. :sombrero: Yes, having a hard sided place to hide is nice.

The other thing about the firewood is when cutting, I cut into a hornet nest. Even with gloves, long sleeves and pants on, they found their way to my wrists and stung me three times as I ran out of there. Then my son saw one more on my ear and saw that as an opportunity to slap the bajeebas out of his father.

We hauled the wood down to our next camp in Oak Creek canyon and enjoyed a fire there.

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
Doin' it tough there Oksana I see :)

@cruiserbent, what's the stuff on the trailer tongue? Some old packaging so you don't bash your shins in the night?

photoman

Explorer
Here are a couple "campsite pics"

IMG_6915-L.jpg

i-PCnDctK-L.jpg

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
So Aaron I'm putting 2 and 2 together here (houseboats, 5 photographers), was this some sort of photo weekend with a local club or something?

Having too many photographers in one place can be a problem (one reason I can't see myself ever going on a workshop that has 30 participants), but there's little better than sharing a few days with 4-5 like-minded photographers.

BretEdge

Adventurer
A week or so ago my family and I headed down to Monument Valley for sunset followed by an overnight in Valley of the Gods. It felt like we had the whole place to ourselves at night and even though the moon was rather bright, the sky was still filled with stars. I hope this image conveys the peace and wonder of camping under the big skies of southeastern Utah.

Night Sky Over Toyota FJ Cruiser-Edit.jpg

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
So Aaron I'm putting 2 and 2 together here (houseboats, 5 photographers), was this some sort of photo weekend with a local club or something?

Having too many photographers in one place can be a problem (one reason I can't see myself ever going on a workshop that has 30 participants), but there's little better than sharing a few days with 4-5 like-minded photographers.

WOW! That's a photo excursion I'd love to go on! Who's in charge of setting it up??

Fantastic photos Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal