campsite pics..lets see um

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Here's a few from this past weekend.

nebesna03.jpg

Nice Classic!

jsmoriss

Explorer
Just got back from a week around Ontario, Canada: Presq'Ile, Killbear, and Algonquin Parks.

Lunch at a picnic site:

20090901-135744-lx2-50190.jpg

Kiosk in Algonquin after a long day of back-roads and trails:

20090902-193747-jsmmv-1841.jpg

20090902-185944-lx2-50227.jpg

20090902-185900-lx2-50225.jpg

20090902-193921-jsmmv-1845.jpg

Those Kermit leg extensions sure are ugly (and the tie-wraps don't help), but I think they're growing on me. :)

js.

jsmoriss

Explorer
Wow, that is an interesting table. Tell us more about it! Nice trailer BTW!

Yeah... The table... It's a little expensive and kinda big, but very useful. :) It's made by Partner, the guys who make the stove. It's 6' long and can be used as a stretcher. I added some rails on the trailer's rack to mount the table. It's very convenient as a kitchen table (high enough) and for doing dishes, etc.

I can't take credit for the trailer - it's made by Campa. I've done a few mods, and a few more are planned, but generally it came with everything we need. :)

js.

XJBANKER

Explorer
Yeah... The table... It's a little expensive and kinda big, but very useful. :) It's made by Partner, the guys who make the stove. It's 6' long and can be used as a stretcher. I added some rails on the trailer's rack to mount the table. It's very convenient as a kitchen table (high enough) and for doing dishes, etc.

I can't take credit for the trailer - it's made by Campa. I've done a few mods, and a few more are planned, but generally it came with everything we need. :)

js.

How is that trailer weight wise? Does the JK pull it fine? I am thinking next year I might drive from Utah up to Ontario for a week and then home, should be a two week trip if we do it.

computeruser

Explorer
A few campsites along the Lake Superior coast:

Old_Rocks.jpg

P1000931Medium.jpg

DSC02591.jpg

P1000994Medium.jpg

Enthusiastic rainstorms are the enemy of comfortable tent camping...unless you've got TARPS!

P1010045Medium.jpg

P1010131Medium.jpg

P1010133Medium.jpg

Sooner or later, though, the clouds clear out and you can dry your gear and enjoy a nice sunset. Bonus if you set up camp in a blueberry patch, and can reach out of your tent for a snack.

Gypsy_Camp.jpg

expo2009072.jpg

DSCF2149Medium.jpg

jsmoriss

Explorer
How is that trailer weight wise? Does the JK pull it fine? I am thinking next year I might drive from Utah up to Ontario for a week and then home, should be a two week trip if we do it.

The trailer weighs 2100 lbs without gear, food, and water, so probably just short of 3000 lbs fully loaded. I actually found that it drives better with 44 gals of water instead of empty. The center of gravity is lower, and it's rock solid in the trails. It pulls fine with the JK, even with all the heavy mods on the Jeep - the trick is to shift closer to 3000 rpm than my usual 2000 rpm. :) I'm on 33s with 4.10s, but will probably go up to 35s with 4.88s this winter. Fuel efficiency wise, I usually average 14.3 mpg, and about 12.7 with the trailer.

I was using Garmin's Canada Topo maps, which showed a surprising number of trails in the Algonquin Park. You may want to check it out. If you do, Kiosk is a nice camping site - small and family run.

We're getting away from the topic here, so PM me if you have more questions.

js.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Just got back from a week around Ontario, Canada: Presq'Ile, Killbear, and Algonquin Parks.

Lunch at a picnic site:

20090902-193921-jsmmv-1845.jpg

Those Kermit leg extensions sure are ugly (and the tie-wraps don't help), but I think they're growing on me. :)

js.
I heard a rumor Kermit the Frog had gotten out of the puppet biz......did not know he started a manafacturing co.:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven