campsite pics..lets see um

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Damn Pat, you pictures never fail to impress me.

What kind of post-processing do you do to make your images so crisp, sharp, and vibrant?

I was thinking those werent all that sharp...LOL

Just fast lenses that have Image Stabilization and a steady hand. Although I dont think either of those lenses were IS (Image Stabilized?)

Thanks for the compliments

Moody

Needs to get out more
A campsite in Canyonlands NP, weather fast approaching:
dsc0927.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
How did your dog like the stew? :)

That's a great kitchen!

She only got to smell the stew and she thought that was very rude of us.

The kitchen was a combined effort between my friend's cooking equipment and my King Kamper trailer's kitchen. Thanks.

rparker762

Observer
Nothin fancy but I just need to get out sometimes. Deer camp in the woods south of Flagstaff, AZ.

100_3352.jpg

100_3345.jpg

100_3383.jpg

100_3433.jpg

Old railroad ran through right behind our camp. Found hundreds of old spikes and tin cans. Last tracks were pulled up in 1909.
100_3368.jpg

100_3410.jpg

100_3411.jpg

Hells Canyon Wilderness Area in AZ.

AttemptedMorganCityWash011.jpg

AttemptedMorganCityWash029.jpg

AttemptedMorganCityWash033.jpg

Last edited:

CSG

Explorer
This is in the Sawtooth National Recreation Area north of Ketchum, ID. I like to camp clean, simple, and low impact. Everything I need is in the van. If only it were 4x4, sigh. Still, it gets me many nice places. :D

4123630909_9a16654000_o.jpg

4124398856_19a9b9ecd3_o.jpg

4123621513_013e9ab75b_o.jpg

The van is a Pleasure Way Traverse built on a two-wheel drive Ford E250 chassis. It is, essentially, a Westy floorplan, similar to Sportsmobile's RB150. It has a double bunk up top, a reclining sofa bed below, a galley with two-way fridge, sink, cooktop, microwave, even an a/c and hot water if you're plugged into shore power or a genny. I rarely take my Honda EU2000 though. It also comes with a porta-potty that stows under the sink but I don't use it and carry a folding toilet and take a few Wag bags for when there's nowhere else. I also rigged up a cold shower that attaches to the sink but honestly, a solar shower is easier and doesn't use my onboard water supply.

I'm giving serious thought to doing a 4x4 conversion, loosing the running boards, etc. Just not sure if the insides are built for off-road driving. Or, I could just sell it and get a Land Cruiser. :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven