campsite pics..lets see um

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Nice night shot Clark. Must have had some nice moonlight that night.

You know your supposed to close your truck doors before taking the photo. :bigbossHL:

:jump:

Clark White

Explorer
Nice night shot Clark. Must have had some nice moonlight that night.

You know your supposed to close your truck doors before taking the photo. :bigbossHL:

:jump:

I thought about closing the doors, but I wanted to portray how camp was, so I left them open. I slept on the roof rack, so that really is my entire camp that you see right there. The moon was a little less then half, but it is a 30sec exposure, so it picked up a fair amount of lite, taken last night, 29MAY.

Clark

GCRad1

Adventurer
Somewhere in AZ

Somewhere in AZ the Sunday night after the EXPO.
7264990310_31cb1b25ea_b.jpg

All I know is that we where 2-hours north of Flagstaff chasing the Solar Eclipse and finding the perfect spot. We found it and camped there for the night.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Pat: Wonder where you got that Ute? ;)

Here are two shots of our camp this past weekend at Land Between the Lakes. Deep into the woods and camping in what would normally have been the lake, but assured by Rangers that the lakes were not rising anytime soon! Never saw anyone other than the occasional fishing boat ride by!
Temps were mid 50's at night and high 70's during the day with a 20% dewpoint. It was perfect and we'd have stayed the rest of the week if some work projects not have demanded me back!

9b690442.jpg

61f15b3b.jpg

Finally, some remote and primitive camping on this side of the Mississippi!
D

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Pat: Wonder where you got that Ute? ;)

Here are two shots of our camp this past weekend at Land Between the Lakes. Deep into the woods and camping in what would normally have been the lake, but assured by Rangers that the lakes were not rising anytime soon! Never saw anyone other than the occasional fishing boat ride by!
Temps were mid 50's at night and high 70's during the day with a 20% dewpoint. It was perfect and we'd have stayed the rest of the week if some work projects not have demanded me back!

9b690442.jpg

61f15b3b.jpg

Finally, some remote and primitive camping on this side of the Mississippi!
D

I cant wait to get down there and explore. Been dying to go check out LBL. Great pics!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Thanks Brad!
Hard Trailz- what you don't see there is that this was a dead end peninsula. I had the distance from the tree line to the water (rougly 12 feet) to turn around my entire rig!! It took an hour of 3 point turns to do that. Wouldn't have been so bad but that log you see in the water kept me from being able to back as far into the water as I needed and it was not budging! Once I was finally able to clear the log I had to back the trailer into pretty deep water to get turned around. Thank goodness it was designed for that sort of thing!
I was ok with it, but if totally freaked my wife out!
D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk