CAMPTEQ's 80 Series Land Cruiser pop top Prototype

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader

I was just saying that cutting the roof drastically improves the utility of this tent in my opinion. If youre going to spend the money might as well go all the way :ylsmoke:

I see the value in your post from where you live. I have very little weather issues to deal all year long living in the SW. I could not see myself ever getting inside, I love being outside.

By not cutting my roof Im not committed to leaving it on. Also it stays a tangible asset that could be sold down the road when the 100 series top becomes available. :sombrero:

The main appeal for me aside from the durability is 30 seconds or less and Im in bed. I presently have a RTT and great off road tent trailer that I leave at home frequently when I venture out because I dont want to spend the time to set up and tear down. Im a minimalist at heart and dont need very much. The CampTeq fits my style.

ab1985

Explorer
Also it stays a tangible asset that could be sold down the road
Agree. If you're not going to leave this top on the same vehicle forever cutting the roof just doesn't make sense. Our rigs can quickly increase in value to the point where a potential buyer has to look at financing a 15-20 year old truck. You'd really be putting yourself into a niche market to recoup costs.

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
^^^^ this...

sooooooo, are you saying that you wouldnt cut the roof cause you could potentially fit this top to another vehicle make/model or re-sell it separately from the vehicle?????

Whatever options you go with I dont think you could go wrong.......

thecriscokid

Explorer
It all really depends on what "you" are into. I'd like to see these getting used like a rack and RTT set up as well as a pass though camper. Even with my top cut, I can still remove the Campteq and use my yakima load bars for cruisin the beach and looking for surf (ah..Dreamming) with boards atop. The 80 has such a diverse user group (I won't try to classify):sombrero:

As requested, Large windows..

newsides.jpg

thecriscokid

Explorer
At least 18 requests/enquiries for a 60 series version without a single reply or comment from the manufacturer...is there no love for the 60 series Landcruiser at the sprawling corporate HQ of Campteq...? Throw us a bone dude, something, anything...;^)

I don't currently own a 60...Someday. hopefully sooner than later. Prototyping isn't cheap. I figure if someone wants one bad enough for the 60 it will happen before the 100...:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven