canter rims

Barrabindi

Observer
Hi Offroadup

Long delayed report on the Goodyear Dura Trac tyres.
As you know they are great on the blacktop..... and even Better off road. The Weipa road was a pleasure, soaking up small to medium corrigations. The only answer to the BIG corrigations is "Qantas link".
I was running 48psi in front and 46psi rear. Felt OK.
Once onto the bush tracks I had all the mud traction I needed for myself, and enough to pull out 2 bogged Nirvara's.
Overhanging trees where my only problem. The track was very overgrown and an excursion off the track, in the HEAVY Canter would be disasterous.....bottomless swamp/mud.
Most of the travel was at night. Makes it more challenging, however means no action photos.

(Im fairly new to this forum, but I should start my own Thread to show my truck and travels.. hard to find the time???)

Andrew2012-05-02_14-09-35_717.jpg2012-04-30_19-18-18_367.jpg2012-05-02_14-08-41_486.jpg

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Finally able to post pics

Here are some pictures of my Kumho KL71's. they are 315/75-16 rated at 127Q. Have done over 5000 Klms on them so far and am very happy with them. Even though they are a open tread they give very little road noise.
DSCF0022a.jpg
DSCF0028a.jpg
DSCF0030a.jpg
test.jpg

Last edited:

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Thanks Dan. Do they track right as a single? I'm in Perth and want to know if anyone makes them here. Could freight but just adds to the cost.
They track very well as singles. Your Kuhmo dealer should be able to get them in Perth for you, Just make sure that they are rated right at " 127Q ". They apparently had a lot of "124Q" available. Dan.

offroadpup

Hi Barrabindi and belated thanks for the feedback on the Duratracs and pressures etc.

I've had a chance to use ours in anger since and confirm the same results as you. I could not be more happy with them on the road, such a comfortable ride on bog standard suspension. We we've done some very snakey and wet mountain roads in it and they are very surefooted on the bitumen.

Same story too offroad. We took it out to Lavuka on a wet weekend for a shakedown before the fitout and put it over a variety of rough going and the truck and the Duratracs performed very well indeed.

No issues at all with the tyres, almost tore the fuel tank off the truck however (very low mounted on the 637) and tore the front cab mounts with chassis flex which I'll have to post about separately. Other than that very capable.

Some pics, wheels and tyres before;

P6080001.jpg

and after :);

P6090018.jpg

-Andy

alan

Explorer
Hi tmengine,
The rims are supplied by me, we still have several sets in stock if you need any send me a pm.
Alan

Garrie

Hi John, I got a set of the 19.5 s from ATW and have been running them for a couple of years now. Can you give me a link to the Toyo tyre site for inflation. I have been running maily bitumen work at 65 psi unloaded and that is ok for highway but as soon as I get into the back roads and they are pot holed bitumen the ride is a bit rough. I would like to try and see if i can run at 50 psi ,.
Other than that the combination is great.
Garrie

offroadpup

Canter 5 stud rims and tyres for sale in SEQ, 1 set 19.5 super singles, 1 set 16"FGs

Bit of a hijack (Sorry Alan) but if you aren't after a pair of Alan's bling rims then I have a couple of sets for sale on eBay at the moment because I've gone for Alan's which for me were a better option, and I can recommend them, so I have these spare.

One set (4 rims) are "Andy's Australia" (Now part of Titan wheels) 19.5 super singles. Offsets are such that the front and back wheels line up in the same track and includes 2 x near new 19.5 tyres. Very solid boofy rims.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190732642078

The other set are 5 x the original canter 4x4 rims with 4 x Michelin XL 9.00R16 with near new tread.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190732647534

Thanks

-Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues