Cash For Clunkers Destroyed 2 NAS D110s!

lwg

Sounds more like they are just being really careful not to run afoul of federal fines. The law clearly says the clunker has to be crushed or shredded within 180 days. Could be that it's not worth the risk to some for the vehicle to inadvertently remain in inventory longer than is legal. Not that I really think the feds are going to be staking out junk yards.

Maybe the pick and pulls plan to shred what's left in 180 days... We all know how the government is about rules, there's a way to bend most all of them.

alosix

Expedition Leader
Maybe the pick and pulls plan to shred what's left in 180 days... We all know how the government is about rules, there's a way to bend most all of them.

yeah.. and if they are lax with the paperwork and the vehicle gets crushed, its going to take more work than its worth to ensure that everything that should have been crushed was.

Still makes me sad about the 110s. Those vins were probably worth 10k alone.

Jason

leeawalden

Adventurer
I scanned the posts and didn't see if anyone realized that they destroyed 1000+ defender 110's from 93-99's accroding to them?...the column all the way to the right is the "count" column...:Wow1:

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader

I don't know what number this is but I am 99% sure this is the one I put a phone in. Picture I ran across when looking at flooding pictures from last week.
You can see the nub from the roof mount antenna over the drivers compartment. It was nearly new when I put the phone in it. Belonged to a Doctor that worked at Northside Hospital in Sandy springs GA.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/akalat/3945406737/in/set-72157622310693017/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues