Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I've been thinking of a way to mount it to the floor of my truck, thoughts?
Silver dude- IMO, your mount idea should work fine. I'm sitting in the garage right now building my mount and using a similar idea. I removed one of the metal channels (the easier of the two to remove). I'm drilling two holes in that channel to mount bolts through it and the plywood base of the slide. On the other channel, I'm using a design similar to the one on the bottom right of your post. All 4 rubber feet will remain in their stock location. I'll post pics when I'm done.

lexwoody

Adventurer
I just got my 86qt in today. I plug it in both 12v and 115v and it work right away. Also I installed stronger mounting points and hardwire the 12v cord to my rear full time fuse panel.

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

Last edited:

Eventhough

Explorer
There is an open box special right now on the 43 qt. I was going to order it at $349 but you can't get an extended warranty. I purchased a new unit with coupon codes EXTRA and 25FRZMAR plus one other I can't remember for 10% off, plus $10 off plus $25 off, free shipping but was charged tax b/c I'm in SC (argh).

Can't wait to receive it!

tommudd

Explorer
Bought the open box special and they let me get the extended warranty with it!
Hope this thing is as good as everyone says it is:victory:

mikelite80

Adventurer
I've had mine for a couple weeks now. Only bad part I've found with it is the 12v cord. The end they use just doesn't stay tight in the outlet. Replaced it with a better one and everything is great now.

My girlfriend also gave me crap, called it dumb and too expensive. Then we used it on a little day trip, now it is the greatest thing ever to her.

Mike

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I've had mine for a couple weeks now. Only bad part I've found with it is the 12v cord. The end they use just doesn't stay tight in the outlet. Replaced it with a better one and everything is great now.

My girlfriend also gave me crap, called it dumb and too expensive. Then we used it on a little day trip, now it is the greatest thing ever to her.

Mike

that was my wife about our luggable loo. Then came our trip to anza-borrego, where we used it all day for her, me, the kids, etc..and she was like, "ok, ok, I LOVE the Loo. The waag bags are SO easy."

Very cool!

I'm wondering if a fridge would be the same. I've mentioned it, but with prices like these, it would probably really makes sense to her.

cnskate

Adventurer
I've been checking for months for a 43qt open box. Last night they finally listed them but they were only $25 less than a new one with the discount. New one on the way:wings:

Eventhough

Explorer
I've been checking for months for a 43qt open box. Last night they finally listed them but they were only $25 less than a new one with the discount. New one on the way:wings:

I did the same thing. I called the wife this morning to tell her I found an open box but when I compared the prices a new one was I think $22.10 more...or something like that.

I did just go back and saw that I could get a warranty on one of the larger models, but I swear it wouldn't let me do it online for the 43 qt so I called and the lady was nice but wouldn't give me the extended warranty b/c it was an open box. Oh well, I have a new one on the way and I'm stoked. Cold beer for everyone on my trips! :wings:

rusty_tlc

Explorer
did anybody try the $25 coupon code I posted?
HERE

The whispering campaign has started at casa rusty, I'm pretty sure portable fridges will be an "occasional" topic of conversation on our next three or four day trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk