Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

Has anyone put any type of fridge slider under the Edgestar fridge?
Thanks!

Built my own drawer/slider for very cheap:

IMG_1087.jpg

(This is my storage drawer, but the fridge drawer was built the same, just dimensioned for the fridge. It's very stout, made of 3/4" ply floor deck-screwed to 1x3" sides, and reinforced with the steel brackets. Make sure to not build the sides too high so you don't cover the compressor venting.)

IMG_1099.jpg

Slider rails in.

IMG_1092.jpg

Drawers on the test-fit.

IMG_1102.jpg

Final product in sleeping configuration. The drawers are secured during travel by a $2 hasp from Lowe's.

The thing's been great for me. I have hundreds of hard trail miles and thousands of road miles on it by now, and no probs. A little ingenuity and creative thinking at your hardware store can save you hundreds.

As for the slides: I don't remember my exact model, but they are Accurides, and similar to THIS. The set up works great.

Good luck.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Sorry that was for the slider they now sell for the fridge

Gotcha, I got all excited, then confused. :victory:

Looking around, I think the 63qt. might be the real steal since its only $50 more. With the current head count at 2 adults + 1 child but with no guarantee it will stay that way, I think planning for the large side might be safer anyhow.

ExpoMike

That slider is an Engle brand and I thought at one time I checked the specs and the Edgestar fridge was either too wide or long. Been a while since I looked last.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
http://www.compactappliance.com/on/...en_Box&psortb1=price-sort&psortd1=2&mode=grid

83 qt for 499
63 qt for 449

both with free shipping

I almost bought the 63 qt but the extra depth (width) makes it a bit too big for where I want to put it.

Always check the main product page too. Open box (above is $449), a New-in-box is on sale (at the same time) for $448.20. Weird.

I'm thinking at that price the 63qt is the real deal. $50 more than the 43qt for a big bump in room? Sweet.

ldivinag

Adventurer
how is it operating for you?

i have mine set at 40*.

it will cycle every 70 minutes for about 15 minutes. like it will rise up to like 43*. cycle on so the temp reading drops to like 38*.

repeat... i'm plugged in via AC.

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
I just recieved mine the other day, It is unfortunately being exchanged because of the latch. When latched, you can move the latch back and open the lid, the catch doesn't match up. So far the exchange process is quite easy.

I will update when the new one comes in.

lexwoody

Adventurer
FP430- Energy requirements:
5.4 Amps @ 12V DC
2.7 Amps @ 24V DC
AC 115 Volts/60Hz, .75 Amp
65 Watts

FP630- Energy requirements:
6.25 Amps @ 12V DC
3.13 Amps @ 24V DC
AC 115 Volts/60Hz, 1 Amp
75 Watts

FP830- Energy requirements:
6.7 Amps @ 12V DC
3.3 Amps @ 24V DC
AC 115 Volts/60Hz, 1 Amp
80 Watts

I just sold my 430 and bought the 860.

Optima D34-78 Yellow Top
CCA 750
CA 870
Reserve 120
Capacity Rate 55

How can I find out how long (hours) the battery will last (full charge) before drop to 10.4v?

Bennyhana

Adventurer
driveway test? trial and error..If you have a free weekend just plug the fridge in an let it run...that's what I did. Truck still started after the fridge shut itself off. It took almost 3 days with the fridge half loaded with sodas and it was summertime so temps around 80. Red top optima was about 5 years old. Haven't tried it on my jeep yet.

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
The run time will vary with the load and the exterior temps. Fridges are most efficient when full. But most tend not to fill theirs.

bronconut

Observer
Always check the main product page too. Open box (above is $449), a New-in-box is on sale (at the same time) for $448.20. Weird.

I'm thinking at that price the 63qt is the real deal. $50 more than the 43qt for a big bump in room? Sweet.

Just got my 63 qt it's a little bigger than I envisioned but so far it's working good in my living room:sombrero:

D

Deleted member 9101

I have one on the way to my house..got free shipping... the sad part is I can't use it until December when I get back home...lol

Rando

Explorer
I did some (pseudo) scientific testing of my 43qt model. With a partially loaded fridge, under steady state conditions, the average power consumption is 1.3A at a 30F temperature differential and 2.5A at a 60F temperature differential. The standby power is 0.5A (to run the thermostat) which is awfully high. The compressor running power consumption is 4.5A. From this you can deduce that the duty cycle is about 20% with a 30F differential and about 50% with a 60F differential.

If you want to figure out the real world power consumption, you would need to estimate the average ambient temperature you will be running the fridge at and the setpoint in order to calculate the differential temperature. For my purposes, I estimated that the day time differential will be about 60F (95F inside the truck, 35F in the fridge) and the nighttime will be about 30F (65f ambient). Given that, the overall average current draw will be about 1.9A, so I should be able to run it about 36 Hours on my house battery with no recharge.

driveway test? trial and error..If you have a free weekend just plug the fridge in an let it run...that's what I did. Truck still started after the fridge shut itself off. It took almost 3 days with the fridge half loaded with sodas and it was summertime so mps around 80. Red top optima was about 5 years old. Haven't tried it on my jeep yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk