Chevy 4500 camper build

Iterra

After far too long and some serious delays it feels good to have my Camper rolling and useable and on a path to being completed finally. I learned a lot from other builds posted here. I did not take as many photos along the way as I should have. This is 2021 Chevy 4500 sitting on 41 continental and DBL design rims and fenders. Road armor bumper and smittybuilt 17.5k winch. The frame and subframe is welded steel frame with laminated insulated panels for wall floor and ceiling. that is glue and bolted to the steel exoskeleton. Inside is a queen two twins in a bunk bed, kitchen, dinette and bathroom. Fresh, grey and cassette black water are all within the insulated envelop making this a 4 season camper. Thanks for all the info these forums have provided me over the years. I will post more recent photos and future accomplishments in the coming weeks.door installed.jpgdoor installed.jpgdinette installed.jpginitial tank fitment.jpgpass through storage.jpgwetbath roughin.jpg20220829_095442.jpgwall lamination.jpgBare Chassis.jpgsubframe.jpg

Attachments

• on the truck.jpg
    on the truck.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 11

Iterra

The laminates are filon,3/8ply, insulation, 1/2 plywood. I used pl premium 3x. Held up well to testing. Insulation was perforated and sanded to increase bonding. My tests showed the insulation failed before the glued surface.

Attachments

• 20240514_083522.jpg
    20240514_083522.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle