Climb and Crawl 2006- 5/19-21/06: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

articulate

Expedition Leader
BajaTaco said:
:jumping: I will bring my new "faerie shoes" :rappel:
Nice! I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Brooke and I would love to come. Especially for the climbing. There are a septendecillion more routes in Devil's Canyon, not far from camp. I might dedicate myself to the climbing as I have a score to settle with some of the other routes.

Stephens checking in.

Mark

Scott Brady

Founder
Ok, it looks like the trip is full :rappel:

Because of the interest, I think we should have a trekking group and a trail group for Saturday. The trek will be into Devils Canyon, so rope and climbing skills are required.

The trail group will run the Hackberry Loop trail. Rock protection recommended, but not required. Limited slip or better in the rear diff recommended, but not required.

I am considering doing a group dinner on Friday night again. I will let everyone know in the next week or two.

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
tagging along ...

Scott, do you think I could tag along just on Saturday for the 4wd trip? No worries if the group is too big to add another vehicle on the trail.
Thanks,

Jeff

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Looking forward to this trip! It will be one of my few getaways this year!

Who is bringing what?

I plan on bringing some marinated tri-trip that i had flown in (ok, mom brought it when she visited) from our neighborhood butchery in Boston. It offers the "Best You Have Ever Had Guarantee!"

Climbing Gear? Trail Difficulty Level?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Westy said:
Hackberry isnt too difficult, your 80 will have no problem. There are a few optional lines that present more of a challenge, and it also depends which way you run the loop(s).

Here is a trip report from two consecutive weekend runs on Hackberry we did:
http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=78742&highlight=hackberry

Scott also has some good info on the trail on his website.

Brian

Nice Pics on that link! Its a good think i just installed my sliders! :D

I will also be bringing a portable propane BBQ as well!

Yum!

Scott Brady

Founder
Boston Mangler said:
Looking forward to this trip! It will be one of my few getaways this year
Who is bringing what?

I usually cook for the group, but that might be a challenge this year, having returned from Morocco a week prior.

Boston Mangler said:
Climbing Gear? Trail Difficulty Level?

We will have loads of climbing gear, but everyone that wants to climb should have a minimum of a harness and locking carabiner.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
expeditionswest said:
I usually cook for the group, but that might be a challenge this year, having returned from Morocco a week prior.

No sweat Scott, we can help you out if you'd like.

If you want, I can bring a portable BBQ hibachi thingy with several cans of propane and the usual grilling fare (burgers, hotlinks, buns, condiments, etc...) and of course, one bag of the "Top Secret, Ultra Fancy, Imported All The Way From Boston" Sirloin Tips! :clapsmile

I dont have enough for all, but am willing to share what i have!

I am also willing to share cooking duties, but, if you MUST cook for the group, i wont complain! :hehe:

Can we see a show of hands for volunteers for dish cleaning duties? :hehe:

I guess we need a stove too huh? I have one (somewhat big and bulky) i can bring if its needed, if someone else has it covered, let me know!

Scott, let us know who should bring what. No need to put more stress on you as soon as you get back from Morroco!

expeditionswest said:
We will have loads of climbing gear, but everyone that wants to climb should have a minimum of a harness and locking carabiner.

Great, i will bring my harness, chalkbag, carabiner, and shoes! :jump:

Last edited:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I am always willing to help with cooking, cleaning, whatever is needed. I do make some pretty mean omlettes if that is what everyone is in favor of for breakfast, that or some breakfast burritos.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
datrupr said:
I am always willing to help with cooking, cleaning, whatever is needed. I do make some pretty mean omlettes if that is what everyone is in favor of for breakfast, that or some breakfast burritos.

Hmmm, sounds like someone just volunteered for breakfast duties! Sweeet!!

Now, who is doing lunch? :hehe:

SinCity4r

Adventurer
This sounds like an awesome trip... If this trip opens up to 11 or someone drops out, I'd love to go! :rappel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal