Clutch’s deep thoughts thread...

tacollie

Glamper
No harm no foul! My jack doesn't do slow let downs. Effing sketchy until I figured out how to use it. Now it's fun to scare people.

That's one thing people never bring up about 3/4 ton trucks. Everything is heavy. Those Ram prospectors seem cool until you have to change a 90lbs tire/wheel. I'm a blue collar guy but lifting heavy stuff wears on you. Everything on my taco is light.

Clutch

<---Pass
That's one thing people never bring up about 3/4 ton trucks. Everything is heavy. Those Ram prospectors seem cool until you have to change a 90lbs tire/wheel. I'm a blue collar guy but lifting heavy stuff wears on you. Everything on my taco is light.

That is the truth! I remember rotating the 35's wrapped on Jackman steel wheels on my old F250. 32's on aluminum rims for the Taco, is a cake walk.

Think 3/4 ton trucks are heavy...try adjusting the tracks on John Deere crawler loader. You said your were Air Force, so you know, some of the damn wrenches alone we had to use were damn heavy.

We got the JD350 stuck in the mire once, not a huge machine...took a couple days to get it out. I see those EarthRoamers and think what the Hell are you going to do if you get it stuck?

Clutch

<---Pass
Seriously, with all my stress I saved them like $400? Not sure they appreciate it.

Had a client in the other day who's husband is insisting they have a yard sale this Saturday. Told her to just give him $300 that he would of made on the yard sale, and stay in bed. She chuckled and said, hey that is not a bad idea!

phsycle

Adventurer
No harm no foul! My jack doesn't do slow let downs. Effing sketchy until I figured out how to use it. Now it's fun to scare people.

90lbs? Try 110lbs! Guy with a Jeep Wrangler was running 37’s. They were around 100lbs each. Couldn’t believe his tailgate didn’t crumble and fall off.

I do appreciate the robustness of HD components, especially in trucks. Loved the solid feel when I drove a Landcruiser. Not that I’d be taxing it anywhere near its capacity. Taco does fine for now.....

tacollie

Glamper
That is the truth! I remember rotating the 35's wrapped on Jackman steel wheels on my old F250. 32's on aluminum rims for the Taco, is a cake walk.

Think 3/4 ton trucks are heavy...try adjusting the tracks on John Deere crawler loader. You said your were Air Force, so you know, some of the damn wrenches alone we had to use were damn heavy.

We got the JD350 stuck in the mire once, not a huge machine...took a couple days to get it out. I see those EarthRoamers and think what the Hell are you going to do if you get it stuck?

I wasn't Air Force. I was helping a buddy who was a Marine. I'm not what you call a team player.

I am familiar with heavy stuff. I spent a lot of time on my grandpa's farm growing up. I'll never forget the first time I saw him burn a tractor tire!

Clutch

<---Pass
I wasn't Air Force. I was helping a buddy who was a Marine. I'm not what you call a team player.

I am familiar with heavy stuff. I spent a lot of time on my grandpa's farm growing up. I'll never forget the first time I saw him burn a tractor tire!

Ahhh, gotcha...I couldn't do the military either.

Oooohhh...burning tires! So cool...but sooo dang bad....when you're a kid, the black smoke was so cool...now not so much. We used toss rattle paint cans in the burn barrel...shoot propane bottles, put model rocket engines on my sister's barbies to send them into space.... typical country kid assjackery.

Clutch

<---Pass
Much better. Rides a Hell if a lot smoother too. Don’t mind the weenie tires, they came on those wheels. Figured might as well run them until they are bald. Averaging 19mpg now instead of 17 with the 32” ATs.

Before with the 882’s

7605BD7A-8619-4E9B-A49B-361DFD716F25.jpeg

Now with the 881’s.

7503D1E6-E019-4564-A2C9-A09356D5DD54.jpeg

Clutch

<---Pass
it's....

cute.

:p

:D

I like stock. Prefer it with the SnugTop I have for it over the Wildernest...and don’t like the looks of the ARB, but I am in deer country...only reason I run it. Well that, and it makes an awfully good coffee table for my mug when I am changing the oil.

Last edited:

tacollie

Glamper
I miss having an ARB everytime I work on me truck! I've been thinking of getting because people take them serious when they park at the grocery store. I'm tired of buffing scuffs out on mine. Who thinks it's ok to park by feel?! Also deer.

bkg

Explorer
I noticed the black finish is off of your window sill trim. I ended up replacing mine cause that "powder coat" like stuff just kept separating. Picked up a couple new ones from Toyota of Dallas... I guess my OCD got the best of me on that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven