Clutch’s deep thoughts thread...

Clutch

<---Pass
It wasn't even an option for me, since I needed a DC. But yup, V6 isn't much more and gets you to your end goal leaving it all stock.

Funny you mention DC...keep on looking at DCLB's...don't really need it, but extra in-cab storage sure would be nice. Sucks tho' ...no manny.

Spied this on TW...the stance is just ohhh...so right.

11.02.jpg

I TOLD you! :D:D Those belong on 4Runners and pretty SUV's.

What you need are those steel rims, scuff them up with a wire wheel and pour some salt water on them to rust them up good. Truck wheels. :)

Yeah, *bowing head* you were right...they are almost too pretty. Like my stuff a little worn and beatup. Had my filthy spare on there not too long ago...and thought to myself, now that is ************** looking, I like that!

Clutch

<---Pass
I'm here to help! :D

I think it's like $22 from Toyota of Dallas... takes 5 minutes to replace.

:D

Chrome is coming off the grill too. Have wanted to do a 01-04 conversion. But think I am just going to order a black one for my year. Only $30 with shipping.

Front end rebuild has perked it up a little, has me wanting to actually spend a little money on it.

phsycle

Adventurer
Nope, no manuals for longbed's. AC's are cheaper anyway (granted, not as much as I thought). If I didn't have kids, I'd have gone AC for sure. I'd hate the extra length of the LB, personally.

bkg

Explorer
If Toyota would put the 4.6 V8 in the Tacoma... then I'd have some interest. Until then, there are simply better truck options, IMHO...

Been eyeing up the 4Runner recently... considering selling the xtracab and SAS'ing the 4Runner. I don't know why. …

Clutch

<---Pass
Nope, no manuals for longbed's. AC's are cheaper anyway (granted, not as much as I thought). If I didn't have kids, I'd have gone AC for sure. I'd hate the extra length of the LB, personally.

Yeah...kinda sucks. Because of the length, they only look good if you lift them. Other-wise a little out of proportion. The traditional opening rear doors would be nicer than the suicide doors on the AC.

phsycle

Adventurer
:D

Chrome is coming off the grill too. Have wanted to do a 01-04 conversion. But think I am just going to order a black one for my year. Only $30 with shipping.

Front end rebuild has perked it up a little, has me wanting to actually spend a little money on it.

I would support that 100%. Like I would support 12-15 conversion for DaveinDenver's truck. Two of the best looking front ends, in my opinion.

Clutch

<---Pass
If Toyota would put the 4.6 V8 in the Tacoma... then I'd have some interest. Until then, there are simply better truck options, IMHO...

Been eyeing up the 4Runner recently... considering selling the xtracab and SAS'ing the 4Runner. I don't know why. …

There are, but don't think I could leave Toyota. I know if I strayed, first thing that would go wrong, would be kicking myself...then complaining up a poo-storm about the resale value of whatever it is, when I go to trade back for a Toyota.

Wonder with all the new competition...if Toyota has any big plans for it. Wouldn't mind a hybrid version. Their system has been around long enough and is proven.

phsycle

Adventurer

Zero interest for me having a midsize with a V8. Drives the payload down even further. No advantage off-road. Sucks fuel efficiency down. That 4.6L is a nice engine, though, I give you that. Super smooth.

Clutch

<---Pass
I would support that 100%. Like I would support 12-15 conversion for DaveinDenver's truck. Two of the best looking front ends, in my opinion.

ha ha! 01-04 is one of my favorites. Shoot...another good combo would be a 12-15 with a 3rd gen interior.

phsycle

Adventurer
ha ha! 01-04 is one of my favorites. Shoot...another good combo would be a 12-15 with a 3rd gen interior.

I like the 3rd Gen front end. I like 95-97 Taco the best, but 01, 12, 16 Taco design, I like the same.

no more so than sliders, bumpers, toppers, tires, etc... :p:p

Touche! Which is why I'm keeping mine as stock as possible. I was daydreaming the other day about what it would feel like with the old 4.5L straight-6 in there. No other reason than I just love I6's.

Clutch

<---Pass
no more so than sliders, bumpers, toppers, tires, etc... :p:p

Ha ha! One moment I want to pull everything off, and the next I want to throw the catalog at it.

Even though it is massively bulbous...kinda dig an ARB on the 3rd Gen.

49ffd143a6f5f7cefaf4cfeecb97c72d.jpg

phsycle

Adventurer
Ha ha! One moment I want to pull everything off, and the next I want to throw the catalog at it.

Even though it is massively bulbous...kinda dig an ARB on the 3rd Gen.

View attachment 486143

Meh, I think they look ok from the front, but sticks out too much from the side.

ARB-SS172HP%201.jpg

I like these CBI's:

IMG_4156.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
I like the 3rd Gen front end. I like 95-97 Taco the best.

Another good year.

Noticed on the 01-04 they pulled some design cues from the front bumper on the 95-97's. Chrome goes all the way across, similar shape...turn signals are sorta the same shape, where the 98-00 doesn't.

14866984.jpg

001.jpg

98812161990003.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
Meh, I think they look ok from the front, but sticks out too much from the side.

ARB-SS172HP%201.jpg

I like these CBI's:

IMG_4156.jpg

The CBI's are better looking for sure...betting the ARB would take an animal strike better.

Like the hoop version of the CBI...IIRC they make it aluminum too.

CBI T3 Black.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven