COLORADO CAMPER VAN LLC-**Do business at your own risk**

Status
Not open for further replies.

tequilasunset

Adventurer
Ah man it makes me sad to see these posts about CCV over and over. :(
His stuff looks good in picture (usually) but the details really make it sad. Best of luck with your rig.

Sorry to hear about your issues Tequila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

Thanks guys... spread the word avoid the turd! LOL

tienckb

Adventurer
Man I get that mistakes and human errors do come into play every now and then but to have this many issues from big to small, I am lost for words.

2002 LX470 expo ready
Custom off road trailer

tequilasunset

Adventurer
Man I get that mistakes and human errors do come into play every now and then but to have this many issues from big to small, I am lost for words.

2002 LX470 expo ready
Custom off road trailer

Loss for words... kinda wish I was... would prefer that over a loss of $$ as I am now. Just hoping there is a thing called justice that will be in play soon...

F451

Observer
Smart man you are, dodged a missile... wish I had been as smart... I am torn apart over this. I used my savings to pay for this and have been unemployed for 2.5 years taking care of my mom... this van was to travel the country when she passes on, now I don't want to even drive it.

I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles with this company, its especially troubling considering what you've written above. But thanks for taking the time to give us all a heads up.

Hang in there man. You will get to take your long anticipated trip, and you will do it in a vehicle that makes you happy. Whether it is this one, or another one, just keep plugging along and do your best to overcome these obstacles. Best of luck to you with this vehicle situation and your travel plans. -Ed

tequilasunset

Adventurer
I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles with this company, its especially troubling considering what you've written above. But thanks for taking the time to give us all a heads up.

Hang in there man. You will get to take your long anticipated trip, and you will do it in a vehicle that makes you happy. Whether it is this one, or another one, just keep plugging along and do your best to overcome these obstacles. Best of luck to you with this vehicle situation and your travel plans. -Ed

Very kind of you to say.... thank you for your support, it means a lot to me!

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Man that sucks. Even if for some reason they feel justified in blowing off the cosmetic issues, there are real functional issues that are there and need to be addressed.

Would you be pissed off if you bought new tires and they put blems on, and when you asked they said "well it's an old vehicle, what do you expect?" (I would)

Last edited:

tequilasunset

Adventurer
Man that sucks. Even if for some reason they feel justified in blowing off the cosmetic issues, there are real functional issues that are there and need to be addressed.

Would you be pissed off if you bought new tires and they put blems on, and when you asked they said "well it's an old vehicle, what do you expect?"

Thanks Pugslyyy... appreciate your input

tequilasunset

Adventurer
UPDATE

Derek finally gave me a contact name locally to repair and wet sand the gel coat... and to have my dome lights fixed and carpet re-glued.

He did not address the bolt at the pivot point of the scissor action, bulb seal hole and why door is hitting it, over all alignment issue of the top, and the binding of the scissor action at the top. The place i am going is a boat repair shop that allegedly does great gelcoat work, so that is a start.

It appears I will probably have to find a sports mobile type place to address the other issues.

Stay tuned... please stay in your seat with your seat belt fastened, we could hit some more turbulence!

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
UPDATE

Derek finally gave me a contact name locally to repair and wet sand the gel coat... and to have my dome lights fixed and carpet re-glued.

He did not address the bolt at the pivot point of the scissor action, bulb seal hole and why door is hitting it, over all alignment issue of the top, and the binding of the scissor action at the top. The place i am going is a boat repair shop that allegedly does great gelcoat work, so that is a start.

It appears I will probably have to find a sports mobile type place to address the other issues.

Stay tuned... please stay in your seat with your seat belt fastened, we could hit some more turbulence!

Just a suggestion - get the mechanical / functional issues taken care of first, then make it pretty. The other issues may cause further need for repairs / touchup to the fiberglass.

tequilasunset

Adventurer
Just a suggestion - get the mechanical / functional issues taken care of first, then make it pretty. The other issues may cause further need for repairs / touchup to the fiberglass.

Right now I am working with what I've got...

UPDATE

SO I went to the shop Derek picked out... well... (SMH) It's a company that specializes in making fiberglass Canoe molds, but they will not work on the dome lights etc, that is not what they do. SO I have more visits with other companies at this point.

I cannot share what was said... all I can say is "WOW"... tomorrow Derek will get the invoice for the repairs, this will be interesting to say the least!

Here's another photo of damage that the repair shop found (had some shade and its noticeable, took photo in sunlight for my crappy cameras sake)... le sigh... how can anyone HONESTLY say they didn't notice the gelcoat damage during the install etc, when the damage is at the bulb seal you installed, and the very sticker that is your companies logo??? (the smudge is just dirt by the logo) Outstanding craftsmanship and attention to detail right there folks...

Derek has yet to respond on how he will address the bolt at the pivot point that is auguring or many other issues I have pointed out. If he thinks ignoring me I will then go away... I am the baddest tick know to man kind, I will burrow to the the marrow until the problems are fixed.

tequilasunset

Adventurer
I hate to pile on here but looking at the build quality I see in these pictures is very disapointing
http://www.off-road.com/diesel/project/project-motovan-building-an-offroad-van-part-5-53220.html
Now my personal build is far from perfect but I couldn't in good conscience charge a paying customer for this^^^ and feel good about it.........

LOL... pile on my friend...

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL