conqueror compact

andyrad

Adventurer
:wings:I just bought his last new Base Camp. He has four Base Camp demos left. They have been heavily tested from what he tells me so he may be flexible on price. The units should all be fully working but the paint may be scratched. He also has 8 Compacts left, all new. I got the Base Camp for $5000. That was what he offered it to me for. Compacts will be cheaper so IMHO you would be nuts not to grab one.:wings:

wesel123

Explorer
Should have my new Compact tomorrow night. Im excited and yet nervous...hope its all that is craked up to be. Dendy was the one who talked me into it so if it sucks.........I'll find you!!!!!!:victory:

But really Im kinda jazzed... what about the seasoning of the canvas any thoughts....

andyrad

Adventurer
I have a Hannibal roof top tent that is very very tight. It is super heavy canvass and I do not think it was seasoned properly. I would soak the crap out of it with your garden hose for a good day and then let it dry thoroughly. On my Hannibal I cannot zip up the side windows because the canvas is too tight. I bought it used so I'll make sure I get this one done right.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Got mine!

drove to Columbia, SC yesterday - 13.5 hours... I was so excited (like a boy on Christmas eve) I couldn't sleep. I finally gave up and hit the local mtn bike trails before sunrise and left for Atlanta and got back to Columbia in time to set it up... I love it! PS Dean (great guy) has about 6 new Compacts left!

Attachments

• 021409podA.jpg
    021409podA.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 225
  • 021409podB.jpg
    021409podB.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 221

jim65wagon

Jay! That is awesome! Congratulations on the new digs....you know if you were to stop by here with that, it might convince Beth and I to make a short trip south too!

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I loved to but....

James,

I would love to, but I am staying here tomorrow (helping mom around the house) and racing home... got to work Tuesday!

On the trailer, I think it will work for us perfectly... I need to check it off-road.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Jay:

The images look great.

It was great to speak with you yesterday. Safe travels home!
Thanks
Dendy

Last edited:

fubar

Adventurer
I just joined the club today. I researched the purchase for a several months and couldn't find a deal anywhere close to the Compact. I live in NorCal so Tentrax and AT were the obvious choices, but even with shipping the Compact was less than half the price of a comparably equipped rig.

Thanks to all for the great info. I can't wait till it makes the cross country trek.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
congrats

Congrats, you will love it....

Can't wait to use it this spring. We are getting snow/sleet/slush the rest of the week.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
drove to Columbia, SC yesterday - 13.5 hours... I was so excited (like a boy on Christmas eve) I couldn't sleep. I finally gave up and hit the local mtn bike trails before sunrise and left for Atlanta and got back to Columbia in time to set it up... I love it! PS Dean (great guy) has about 6 new Compacts left!

Roughly how much is a Compact?

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Can't wait to use it this spring. We are getting snow/sleet/slush the rest of the week.

Awesome that you've got your new trailer in hand and have using it to look forward too. Can't wait to see it set up. You all going to use the tent or is Sam going to get her own room in the back of the Taco.

Like you we're about to the go stir crazy waiting for the weather to break. I'm pacing the house like a caged animal again...

wesel123

Explorer
Im seeing a Conqueror Trail Run in the near future...com on boys we need to get to gather and figure out how the PROPERLY WIRE these darn things

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk