conqueror compact

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
The ovens that came with the trailers are virtually useless here. They run on butane (think over-sized bic lighter!). The fuel is not very safe, or readily accessible.

I threw mine out immediately and got a none-stick griddle Coleman.

My trailer came with decals and I peeled the majority of them off (i.e.: the large broken letters that stated Conquest - and in your case ... Compact.)
I left the plain Conqueror letters and the elephant decals.

Just thought the other was over the top.

Dendy

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Shelves?

Dendy,

did you post pictures of the shelves you added?

I am thinking of adding two... one that is removable of light board over the cooler to carry bedding and removed in camp,
but I had two thoughts, 1. maybe use heavy wood for a jack base in mud or sand or 2. make a cutting board for the kitchen (but have to research how to do it)

Then a permanent near the roof on the kitchen side, just tall enough for the stove....

Just looking for what others have done.

That said, I spent the day setting up/cleaning... I love this trailer. Loaded up I see it working perfectly for the weekend trips we do and the 2 plus week long vacations I have planned over the next 3 years...

Thanks

Safado

Adventurer
Dendy,

Dean mentioned he thought you had ordered additional, or new decals. Yes/No? Do you have any decals left over from your transformation?

Thanks

The ovens that came with the trailers are virtually useless here. They run on butane (think over-sized bic lighter!). The fuel is not very safe, or readily accessible.

I threw mine out immediately and got a none-stick griddle Coleman.

My trailer came with decals and I peeled the majority of them off (i.e.: the large broken letters that stated Conquest - and in your case ... Compact.)
I left the plain Conqueror letters and the elephant decals.

Just thought the other was over the top.

Dendy

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Jay:

I am going to add a slide out shelf over the Engel in the back. I will be able to lift it in the front ... to allow access to the fridge if the shelf is not loaded.
(I may make is a wire basket).

Safado: The decals that I have, I paid $125.00 (not including shipping- they came from South Africa!). They are the new decals if you go to their website (i.e.: the word conqueror has black border and red fill in the letters and the elephants say conqueror in red. I have only used the small decals that say conqueror at the top of the mega manufacturer address. What I wanted when I ordered them were the black ones to match my trailer, so I am not going to use these. That said, the price for an entire set of decals was not out of line, as the local Signs Now was going to charge me almost double that to replicate them.

Why? Did you buy one of the demo units with the Search and Rescue labels on them? If so, and you want the decals, I will sell them for what I paid for them and I won't charge for the shipping

Let me know.
Thanks
Dendy

Last edited:

andyrad

Adventurer
While I was there looking over the campers I noticed a few even came with a little propane cooking range. Dean said that a few came with those straight from SA but not all. Did you get one of the Basecamps with or without the Conquerer decals?

I have no idea what decals are on it as we bought it sight unseen. Some may say this is risky but at $5K I don't care. I don't even have a picture. All I know is that we bought a very slightly used demo Base Camp with an Engel MT65 that is costing me an arm and a leg to ship to Calgary. Still a good deal regardless, partly due to it's uniqueness.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I have no idea what decals are on it as we bought it sight unseen. Some may say this is risky but at $5K I don't care. I don't even have a picture. All I know is that we bought a very slightly used demo Base Camp with an Engel MT65 that is costing me an arm and a leg to ship to Calgary. Still a good deal regardless, partly due to it's uniqueness.

Hey, Andy:

I think yours is bone stock with all original decals.

Two of the trailers had the original Conqueror decals peeled off and were dressed with Urban Search and Rescue decals so that they could be shown to the government.
Since the trailer has an epoxy paint on it, I believe those decals can be removed with a hair dryer and careful pulling.
It looks like Safado purchased one of these US&R trailers and is asking about a set of Conqueror Decals that I ordered from South Africa.

That is all.
Thanks
Dendy

Safado

Adventurer
Correct....

Now taking applications and dues for our AZ charter of Urban Search and Rescue...not really. ;)

fubar

Adventurer
Speedy Auto Transport. They seem to be having a bit of trouble getting a driver, so I cannot give them a full recommendation yet.

Fired Speedy today as they went a week without a successful pick-up or a firm date. Contracted with USA Auto Transport and have a Wednesday pick-up. They say 5 to 7 days from pick-up to NoCal.

Is it Christmas yet? :cool:

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
You guys need to go into the trailer section and do a search for Conqueror and you will see plenty of threads that will show the differences.

Also, you can go to the website:

www.conquerorcampers.com

on the bottom of the main rotating picture, you will see the words Compact and Base Camp. If you click on those words, it will take you into each model.

Dean's cell is: 404-316-9840

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
storage boxes?

For those you have traveled with the storage boxes with stuff in them... should I figure out a way to run a bungee across the front to keep them in the slides... I am not worried about them falling out, just banging back and forth. Thoughts?

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, Jay:
If you go to the south african site for conqueror, you will see that they now include a strap at the front of the wolfe storage box rack to hold the boxes in place.
I am on the hunt for luggage straps in black that will do the same. Looked at Target in the luggage area, but all they had were pink and white stripped straps, and I had to pass on those. If I find some, I will document where and show installation.

Thanks
Dendy

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
idea on straps

I was thinking of riveting 2 D rings each side and use a bungee cord across... I figure I use bungees all the time in camp anyway so it's a bonus transport mode...

Down side, no one has the D rings in the store... McMaster-Carr has them, so that may be the route I go.

ps can you repost what the name/vendor of the propane tanks that fit the mounts please.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Yes, The tanks that fit PERFECTLY are made by Manchester and they are the 10lb tanks (#10).
They are manufactured in Cookville, Tennessee.

If you do a google search, you will find many sources.
This one shows them in stock:
http://www.bigpinespropane.com/parts+acces.htm

I got mine straight from the manufacturer, but cannot find the invoice. If I do, I'll pass that along as well.
Thanks
Dendy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal