conqueror compact

andyrad

Adventurer
I never did ask, I just assumed. Does the base camp tent come with a foamy mattress inside or do I have to get one made?

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
should have it

I believe they are all set. When I picked up my Compact, if I added a sleeping bag, food and water I was set for a week... it had everything else included!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Andy, most people that got base camps went to Cosco or Sams club and bought one of the memory foam mattress toppers or egg crate foam. You can now get them with a mattress cover.

No biggie.

Thanks
Dendy

Safado

Adventurer
For those of you that are already pulling them around, what ball are you using? A 50mm and a 2 inch are close, but wanted to be sure.

Last edited:

andyrad

Adventurer
Andy, most people that got base camps went to Cosco or Sams club and bought one of the memory foam mattress toppers or egg crate foam. You can now get them with a mattress cover.

No biggie.

Thanks
Dendy

Dendie, funny you should mention that as my wife thought of it as well. We can but two singles and have a spot for boots etc. I'll see what they have when we go by. We are off to Mexico tomorrow and the trailer should arrive when we are away. The transport company is going to hold it for us at a sufferance warehouse where we can collect it and pay our taxes and duties. Canada sucks for that stuff. Then I have to get it road worthy approved, insured, and registered. More suckage. I never thought I would say this but I can't wait to get back from Mexico.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I was thinking of riveting 2 D rings each side and use a bungee cord across... I figure I use bungees all the time in camp anyway so it's a bonus transport mode...

Down side, no one has the D rings in the store... McMaster-Carr has them, so that may be the route I go.
Best I found:
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200358550_200358550

For those you have traveled with the storage boxes with stuff in them... should I figure out a way to run a bungee across the front to keep them in the slides... I am not worried about them falling out, just banging back and forth. Thoughts?
I went to Tractor Supply and got a handful of boat-type lash-down points; they secure with two screws/bolts and only cost a buck. Then I got a bundle of flat bungees with big hooks at Costco.

The blue bungees work perfectly to secure the wolfpacks.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Tsc

Bill thanks for the info, I am heading to TSC today to see what they have. The NT is almost exactly what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't over thinking it : )

fubar

Adventurer
Yes, The tanks that fit PERFECTLY are made by Manchester and they are the 10lb tanks (#10).
They are manufactured in Cookville, Tennessee.

If you do a google search, you will find many sources.
This one shows them in stock:
http://www.bigpinespropane.com/parts+acces.htm

I got mine straight from the manufacturer, but cannot find the invoice. If I do, I'll pass that along as well.
Thanks
Dendy

Yeah... This has turned into an adventure. Could not find anyone on-line that had them in stock and the manufacturer would not sell direct. I ended up ordering from Camper World and having it drop-shipped to my home.

A bit pricey for what it is, but worth not having to fab a new mount.

Manchester 10LB - $80

Pretty much any 20LB - $30

*sigh*

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
holder?

I tried a quick search, maybe we need to find a holder for the 20 lb tanks... that can be bolted on in place of the ones we have...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online