Containerized: Retromod Global Tacoma

shellb

Adventurer
Thank you for passing their name along! Their work is almost as impressive as the number and quality of cars of yours that they have worked on.

I hope that you continue to enjoy them all in good health.

Brett

m(a)ce

Adventurer
Came together exceptionally well. The front works for me but the rear shots totally sell it to me.

Enjoy it! And please post some in country pics.

:beer:

Containerized

Adventurer
Thanks for the list, cam. Yes, it's a wonderful shop and generally operates on a referral basis, turning down a lot of projects.

However, a few friends and I have sent cars to them for years and years, from Italian restorations to German race cars to whatever else.

If you have an idea, and don't mind setting a big budget, and you want the absolute best work out there, this is the shop.

I have never, ever seen anything leave their shop where a single corner was cut or a single compromise was made.

Honestly, I had higher hopes for this rig. Good work was done, yes... but, I think Toyota had the appearance right when you bought it... Sorry for the criticism though.

RU55ELL

Explorer
Well I definitely can't criticize the workmanship. Some great attention to details on this thing. Final product looks to be very good quality.

That being said, I truly don't like the look of the front end. But that's just one "nobody's" opinion that really doesn't matter. As long as you're pleased with what your efforts and money got you, then that's all that matters.

Couldn't agree more.

Clutch

<---Pass
Honestly, I had higher hopes for this rig. Good work was done, yes... but, I think Toyota had the appearance right when you bought it... Sorry for the criticism though.

It just needs some soda straw exhaust to complete the look....tellin' ya....it has that only in Japan look about it.:ylsmoke:

Bosozoku Style

bosozoku_39.jpg

Last edited:

Qrex

How about interior shots? Anything done on the inside?? You gonna do aftermarket seats in this one too? :)

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Well it certainly looks diferent

Like the bob and the tailgate

not so much the front - gril or bumper

As a style project it certainly changed the whole look of the vehicle

For me though I don't see the point- other than for personal creative satisfaction which I hope you've acomplished !

after all its your truck !

Flagster

Expedition Leader
The front end/grill wants to make me break out and sing some "Intergalactic planetary...If you wanna battle you're in denial
Comin' from Uranus to check my style"...just sayin

Containerized

Adventurer
Odometer hit 350 miles today. Loving the ICON Stage 4. Definitely the right suspension decision, and I can feel it settling in a bit more each day.

IMG_8120.jpg

IMG_8128.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

IMG_8167.jpg

Containerized

Adventurer
Some have commented that this thread is too much "what's up?" and not enough "how to."

Well, I'll start with the license plate lamps, since a few have asked.

License plate lighting is something likely to get you harassed at checkpoints or asked for bribes (usually from a desperate officer upset to hear that you do actually have your warning triangle with you), but something often poorly-engineered on aftermarket bumpers. I chose license plate lights off the decklid of a BMW 135i. It also provides both conventional (halogen) and LED versions, depending upon your preferences and how many resistors you want to play with.

Great OEM unit, compact, watertight, and a bit nicer than re-using a stock Toyota part (though I've tried to stick with Toyota parts on this project where possible).

IMG_8184.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad