Containerized: Retromod Global Tacoma

Box Rocket

Well I definitely can't criticize the workmanship. Some great attention to details on this thing. Final product looks to be very good quality.

That being said, I truly don't like the look of the front end. But that's just one "nobody's" opinion that really doesn't matter. As long as you're pleased with what your efforts and money got you, then that's all that matters.

Containerized

Adventurer
The front bumper looks lower than it really is. For perspective, that's an (unaltered) BudBuilt skid in front, powdercoated white. The front is so much "flatter" and shorter (7" shorter than a 2012 Taco front end) that it's hard to judge from pictures without seeing the two trucks side-by-side. The approach angle is improved over stock, though not drastically. The winch mounts off a set of 2" rectangular tube structures (see earlier posts) that come directly off the frame. The departure angle is, obviously, very good.

4xdog

Explorer
Congratulations on bringing your vision into reality. That's gotta be immensely satisfying. Kudos to the craftsmen who pulled it off. The tailgate is still my favorite part!

Don

Scott Gamble

Congratulations on a truly unique vehicle that you certainly won't meet coming your way anytime soon. The craftsmanship is amazing and I loved reading the build article.

The finished product pics in Boulder were great. We love the St. Julien and stay there every time we visit.

Scott

haven

Expedition Leader
Sorry you didn't have time to show it at SEMA. It would have been on the cover of all the 4x4 magazines! I hope the people at Toyota's design center in Newport Beach get a look at this vehicle before it disappears into east Africa.

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
My first thought after looking at pic's were, Huh..... If Toyota owners mag did an article on this truck it would not be the first article I would read, but good work anyhow, you have a lot invested in the project and sounds like it is going to work for your needs. Plus over 50,000views is pretty impressive.

Cam-shaft.

shellb

Adventurer
Very nicely done! Care to share the name of the shop that performed the mods? They obviously do fantastic work.

Containerized

Adventurer
shellb -

The shop is Custom Cars Unlimited in La Grange, IL. I consider the proprietor, Pete, and his son, Dino, close friends and their work on various cars in my garage, and others' cars at Pebble Beach and elsewhere, speaks for itself.

Work they've done for me that I can recall off-hand:

* Interior repairs and restoration work on my Aston Martin coupe, fabricating and fitting new exhaust system.
* Sheetmetal and paint repairs after the dealership dropped a wrench (!) on my Lamborghini Gallardo at its first service.
* Install suspension and Recaro SP-As, harnesses, and Clubsport cage in my Porsche 993 Turbo.
* Install suspension and paintwork on my Porsche 993 Carrera 4S.
* Install front and rear RSR clips, including paintwork, an assortment of Ruf hardware, etc. on my Porsche 997 GT3 track car.
* Retrofit later-design Exige-style NACA ducts onto my Lotus 111R track car's clamshell, install titanium exhaust and fabricate custom tub mounts.
* Fabricate and install full leather interior (6 hides worth of leather) in my Superformance Shelby Daytona Coupe (Chassis 0121), various other fabrication work.
* Frame and structural repairs to my 1995 NAS Defender 90, including the rear frame member swap.
* Prepare FJ Cruiser for shipping to Africa including a substantial amount of modification and installation work.
* Full build on the Toyota retromod truck project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad