Containerized: Retromod Global Tacoma

skibum315

Explorer
You're in town; if the truck shows up in time, you should bring it down to the Toytec/Nisstec open house in Northglenn ... 10am on Sat, 10650 Irma Dr # 23
Northglenn, CO 80233 ... I'm on mobile, otherwise I'd link to their flyer; but that's the gist.

I don't know if I said it before, but you did some good work in this design. Nice job!

ETA - Flyer:
CAD12.jpg

Last edited:

kai38

Explorer
I really like the retro tail gate, I had a '77 Toyota pickup that we chopped,dropped & shortened back in 1980.
I cut the word TOYOTA out of the tail gate and backed it with red plexiglass & some clear defuser plexiglass they were the brake lights in my truck.
Kirks%20%2777%20Toyota%20Chopped%20pick-up%20(5)%20Brake%20lights%20in%20tailgate.jpg

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I think this build is awsome. I like the outside of the box thnking. However one comment about the grill. I am not too keen on it. I does not look Toyota. It looks like some thing that would be on Mitsubishi instead. Just saying.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I think this build is awsome. I like the outside of the box thnking. However one comment about the grill. I am not too keen on it. I does not look Toyota. It looks like some thing that would be on Mitsubishi instead. Just saying.

Damn, good eye on the trapezoid shape;

photo_3.jpg

evo_10_white_front.jpg

Containerized

Adventurer
Can see the trapezoid/Mitsu connection now that you mention it, but... rest assured, there's some Toyota in there.

Not just in the 70 Series crossbar grille design, either.

Pics tomorrow. :)

Containerized

Adventurer
Delivery day...

After six months of waiting, hundreds of hours of labor, thousands of miles of commuting... it's nice to spend a few nights at one of our favorite hotels (the St. Julien in Boulder)... and then, today, it was "Christmas" with the delivery of the final product.

In short, I couldn't be happier. Even the little details that took forever to get right (like making the OEM bed rail system work with the shortybed and making sure the Toyota bed extender would still work if we ever wanted to use it, or making sure the bed has enough lighting for nighttime unpacking or packing up camp pre-dawn) are so rewarding to see together in one place, finished.

Now, the adventure begins with a new adventuremobile. But, first, I'll let the photos tell the story.

Current odometer reading: 20 miles.

IMG_8114.jpg

IMG_8112.jpg

IMG_8115.jpg

IMG_8116.jpg

IMG_8117.jpg

IMG_8118.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8106.jpg

IMG_8102.jpg

IMG_8095.jpg

IMG_8094.jpg

IMG_8087.jpg

IMG_8082.jpg

IMG_8080.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
Well, it is definitely unique, looks like something that is "only available in Japan"

The front bumper looks a bit low, did you loose quite a bit off your approach angle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad