Containerized: Retromod Global Tacoma

shellb

Adventurer
I don't see anything wrong with that statement. What are you reading that I am not?

I agree! Maybe they read that statement too fast.

I think he has kept everything classy...taking time to answer questions, show unique aspects of the build that aren't easily noticed and proving insights into his planning and decision process, etc.

Jimmeh

Think'n with me dipstick!
******? Really? Keepin it classy.....

Maybe the font is too small, but you must be reading a sentence in there that says something about all officers. I will have to blow the post quote up so I can maybe see that sentence.....

taylorRichie

Adventurer
IMG_8194.jpg

Sweet Watch!

One day I'll own one :D

Still enjoying this thread, all of the small details you worked out. Everything seems to have is place, or reason.

Kudos!

Containerized

Adventurer
Main Line - If we weren't racing off to try to beat the rain and set up to climb this afternoon, I would have struck up a conversation. The FJ looked good!

Taylor - Thanks, I have a few. Love the 42mm for climbing and other activities where it's important to be able to bend your wrist back pretty far, but generally stick with the 46mm Instrument models for in town, etc. Wonderful products. The early PVD finishes aren't that strong (my Limited Edition Orange has already been sent back once for a full refinish, but came back looking brand new), but I probably abuse watches more than most. My ROO had its bezel banged up climbing two years ago and they (AP) replaced it ASAP and FedEx'd it back to me... dealing with companies with awesome customer service is worth the extra $. In my experience, both B&R and AP take their customers seriously... and appreciate when their products are used in the field... even when the field is thousands of miles from Switzerland.

JWP58 - As someone who probably gets asked for a bribe every week or ten days driving around East Africa (granted, often for food or supplies by UPDF guys at checkpoints who haven't gotten paychecks in the better part of a year), I think my observation is not just justified, but empirically almost impossible to refute. What am I missing?

Last edited:

robert

Expedition Leader
So much for the old saying about if you can't say anything nice....

I like the use of the camming cleat for the bed cover. I kept meaning to pick up some of the outside the bed tie downs Toyota uses on the HiLuxes while I was in Malaysia and I always forgot and now that contract is over. :(

Containerized

Adventurer
Robert - All that stuff is available through dealers if you can get part numbers (maybe from Aussie members here?). I might recommend the 70 Series ones, as they're a bit more stout than the Hilux ones, oddly.

AxleIke

Adventurer
There has been much debate on whether you can use aftermarket two-position or even three-position lit switches in the stock taco locations.

The answer is... not easily.

But we did find these (often used in the Japanese aftermarket scene for audio equipment) and they work great for the front and rear LED's.

Those are drilled Toyota switch blanks they're installed in, and the lit ring looks great when it comes on with the stock night time lighting.

IMG_8186.jpg

Quick question: Are these actual switches, or just lights? I really like that look!

Containerized

Adventurer
They are switches. The ring lights up along with your "night time" (headlamps on) circuit. And the center area of black plastic inside the lit ring presses in. I have the red one wired to my front-facing off-road lights (XMITTERs in grille) and the blue one wired to the rear-facing light bar.

AxleIke

Adventurer
They are switches. The ring lights up along with your "night time" (headlamps on) circuit. And the center area of black plastic inside the lit ring presses in. I have the red one wired to my front-facing off-road lights (XMITTERs in grille) and the blue one wired to the rear-facing light bar.

Sweet!

Sorry if I missed it, but do you have a link to them? I'd love to get one or two.

taylorRichie

Adventurer
Google "Vandal Switches" , or "Anti-Vandal Switches", or "Momentary Lighted Switch" (The momentary variety is not what you want, but it'll help you find the non momentary versions, atleast that's how I was lead down the rabbit hole)

https://encrypted.google.com/search...1&biw=1329&bih=956&sei=rJM3UIT6MOWJiALLuoDIAg

Ebay has some decent prices:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-F...670970&pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr

Better prices:
http://www.oznium.com/anti-vandal-led-switch

Also found some designed for computers that were around $5 but can't find the link, and they'd definitely require a relay to operate correctly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad