Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx

Clutch

<---Pass
Unfortunately, Yokohama discontinued the Geolander ATii years ago. Now the only Yokohama "AT" tire is the Geolander A/T-S, which is nothing like the ATii or the Cooper A/T3:

Yokohama Geolander A/T-S:

1304462358-GEO_ATS_3Qtr_Hero_410x370.png

Cooper Discoverer A/T3:

18273.jpg

The AT-S looks real similar in tread pattern to me, it isn't grossly different.

01tundra

Explorer
Got to test them out on ice & snow this morning, nothing short of impressive :ylsmoke:.

In 2WD they hook up really good, they even did great on the black ice.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Got to test them out on ice & snow this morning, nothing short of impressive :ylsmoke:.

In 2WD they hook up really good, they even did great on the black ice.
That's good to know; thanks.
My Toyos were the best I've used on snow/ice and I was hoping that my Maxxes would match their performance.

01tundra

Explorer
Going off memory, I believe the Cooper's perform as good, if not better than the Duratracs did in the snow.

It may also have something to do with the new size that I'm running (235/85R16)?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Should have no issues in snow. Mine were great but lost some siping after being run 80k. Plus the wider tread of the 285s didn't help. You should be good to go tho.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

kbahus

Adventurer
Pulled the trigger and ended up ordering a set of 285/75R16's. I was dead set on the 255/85R16 size but I was able to get the 285's for a much better deal and couldn't say no to that. Should have them installed on Thursday and will post up some pics and thoughts. They will be replacing my 285 Duratracs that have served me well for many years.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I would probably be using these again too but found out Canadian tire has a replacement warranty and the Goodyear territory tires are 230 bucks per tire with free replacement within 5 years. Can't pass up that deal.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

I was looking forward to these tires on the Tacoma. Instead I bought some Michelin X-ice tires for the Honda to replace the Bridgestone Blizzak tires that were slashed. I guess I'm on the Rugged Trails for a while longer.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Hey Kbahus, what size rim are they on? Also, can you take a height measurement on those installed with weight on them? Thanks!

Looks great BTW!

someday

Adventurer
Anyone know the weight of 265/75 16 and/or 265/70 17's compared to BFG AT ko's in comparable sizes?

How are S/T Maxx's in the snow and ice?

Keep going between these, Duratracs and every once in a while KM2's catch my eye. The only negative review that I have read with random consistency is their weight.

Willman

Maxx's are great in the snow and Ice. Both Duratrac's and Maxx are great tires. Maxx's will outlast the duratrac by thousands of miles....

jim65wagon

I like the ST Maxx in the snow and ice.....I feel they are better than both the original ST and the BFG AT-KO....

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
How are S/T Maxx's in the snow and ice?

Keep going between these, Duratracs and every once in a while KM2's catch my eye. The only negative review that I have read with random consistency is their weight.

I've owned both tires, and they both work very well in winter conditions.

The reason I went with the Coopers is because the Duratrac does not come in a 3-ply side wall anymore.
If you have Duratracs with white lettering, you have the old 3-ply side wall; however, if you have black lettering on both sides, then you have a 2-ply side wall.
If side wall strength is a concern then I'd suggest the S/T Maxx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues