Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx

PowerWagner

Explorer
Dropped some coin on my own set...

Finally moved up to 315's. Not many miles on them yet (hopefully some dirt this weekend) but I like them so far and price is right. Carli Stance.JPGNew Coopers.JPG

Longrange308

Adventurer
These are a great tire. I have had mine since early last year and I LOVE them. Great street and off road tire, and they have worked in every condition I have put them in.

PowerWagner

Explorer
Finally moved up to 315's. Not many miles on them yet (hopefully some dirt this weekend) but I like them so far and price is right. View attachment 283366View attachment 283367

Got about 60 miles of desert sand and rock under the tires this weekend. Climbed a relatively steep and long hill that was comprised of mostly sharp loose rock and shale. Both my stocker BFG AT's and the set of BFG KM2's I put on later would have and did chunk up greatly on hills like this. I'm very happy to report there isn't even a tread scar on the Coopers. Ran them at 30 PSI which is a bit high but I've got a heavy truck and need all the ground clearance I can get.

First test is a solid pass.

DaveNay

Adventurer
I've had mine for almost 25k miles now and I still like them. The only thing I've noticed is that the truck seems to have a lot of "wiggle". It's particularly noticeable when driving in windy conditions. I admit, a '99 Suburban doesn't have the greatest stock suspension, but it seems to be worse with these tires.

One problem I have which isn't the fault of the tires is I had a problem with a worn inner tie rod which caused both front tires to become cupped. I've moved those two tires to the rear, but they are significantly louder than the fronts. I'm hoping they quiet down as the high spots wear down. When I found the worn tie rods, I was hoping that would fix the wiggle and wander, but it's still there after being repaired.

MR. ED

Observer
I've got over 20k miles on mine. They're a great tire. I use mine mostly on the highway and I like knowing that when I do get to go off road they will handle it. That being said, they're very loud now. A lot louder than last summer when I first got them. I also noticed last week that when it's wet they clog up quick. I was out exploring somewhat deserted roads going slow because I didn't want to slide off. They did fine, but every time I got out I noticed they were encased in mud/clay.
My wife has them on her truck and she's gotten almost 40k and they still have some life left in them. Her truck is a diesel so I never heard the tires before.

MoRogers

Observer
13k miles and no issues thus far. maybe 1.5k of that offroad.

Before
IMG_0370.jpg

After
IMG_0238.jpg

I might add that this tire tends to keep rocks a bit longer, as seen in the pic below, but nothing to serious.
DSC_0006.jpg

Greg5OH

got a set of 37/12.5/17 on my 8k lb truck. No real offroading yet. Yes they throw gravel, which is to be expected with the large voids. VERY quiet on the freeway. One tire has some lateral runout, aparantly balanced out (took 6 oz.. inside and out). no time to swap it with a different one.

One thing though, I wish cooper made these in a load E rating. I had 2000 lbs of crap on my bed, and I had to have them at max pressure and the sidewalls still flexed out more than I would like them to. They are 3650 lb a piece weight rated, I had 2k lbs left in weight rating of the tires (truck is 3650 on the rear axle).
If i loaded them to max...I would be concerned about the sidewalls blowing out over a good bump..

1stDeuce

Explorer
Hahah. Well, I think your concerns are NOT well founded... The sidewall on this tire is plenty strong to hold up 3650lbs, or it wouldn't be rated that way, bump or no. I don't think there are even any "normal" 37" tires that are LRE?? E just means 80psi, and a tire that big capable of 80psi would probably weigh 150lbs... and easily hold up 5000lbs/tire. When the tire gets this big, the "normal" standards just don't work out. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC