CVT Group Buy!

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
How did everyone who bought a awning mount it? I have a Disco with a brown church rack as seen here:

4c3bf598.jpg

Left a message with Bobby asking about mounts and I imagine he is busy since he is down a man until Monday so I thought I would check in here. Are we on our own for mounting brackets?

Mine had 2 metal L brackets with it, but they were different lengths. When I test fit it I drilled the holes out a little bigger to accept some u-bolts.

ColoDisco

Explorer
Mine had 2 metal L brackets with it, but they were different lengths. When I test fit it I drilled the holes out a little bigger to accept some u-bolts.
I have a mount Shasta being dropped off so I wonder if he included the mounting hardware with the RTT.

Mephisto

Missed out on this, for all still interested, should we inquire about organizing another one? Or perhaps the order load was a bit overwhelming for Bobby, lol.

ColoDisco

Explorer
They still gave me a great deal even though I was not a part of the group buy. Could have something to do with buying a RTT which comes with annex, extension on the annex, awning and screen room. :)

ttn333

Observer
How did everyone who bought a awning mount it? I have a Disco with a brown church rack as seen here:

4c3bf598.jpg

Left a message with Bobby asking about mounts and I imagine he is busy since he is down a man until Monday so I thought I would check in here. Are we on our own for mounting brackets?

You can just mount it directly to the side rails using two straight brackets and longer mounting bolts.

MCObray

Explorer
Made some adjustments and added some comfort for my feet! I'm not sure if other of you cringe everytime your feet have to hike up the ladder, but mine sure do!
IMG_0702.jpg
IMG_0700.jpg

TeCKis300

Observer
Maiden voyage with new CVT Mt. Rainier. Family had a great time! The AHC (height) control in the LX470 allows me to get the tent to the perfect height for the annex and helps me get at the tent to deploy. Family and I are loving this new setup.

I likewise had some minor shipping damage to one of the sides (bottom) of the tent. My opinion, but the factory really needs to pad the sides of the box with another sturdy layer of cardboard. Great guy that Bobby is said go ahead and use the tent and he'll get a replacement to me so it didn't interfere with any of my camping plans.

MCObray - GREAT idea. I will be borrowing that thank you!

p814753257-4.jpg

p552770581-4.jpg

ab1985

Explorer
I likewise had some minor shipping damage to one of the sides (bottom) of the tent. My opinion, but the factory really needs to pad the sides of the box with another sturdy layer of cardboard.
I've had to refuse shipment of two Mt. Ranier's due to UPS's inability to read all of the huge neon warning labels that clearly state NOT to use a forklift.:mad: Bobby is shipping out a third unit this week via Fedex. Fingers crossed that this one shows up in one piece. I will say Bobby has been very professional and both times has been clear that if it was going to cause me to miss a trip I could keep the damaged unit. Great company and great customer service.

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
It is not just these tents. I used to run a warehouse and UPS Freight was the worst we had ever seen as far as damage and beating up the skids. Basically UPS bought Overnite to get into the LTL game and Overnite was already one of the worst and apparently still has not improved. We used to ship cased product, perfectly cubed on a skid and when it got to us or where it was going it looked like it had been hit by a train.

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
Mine was shipped on its side tied to keep it upright? Are yours flat?

Mine was on its side when it was delivered as well, but they obviously had been sliding it around the floor with a forklift in the warehouse. BOTH of mine arrived with bad box damage, but only the first actually damaged the tent. Bobby got me taken care of, and I actually ordered an awning for the rear of my trailer as well. I plan to order a larger one for the side eventually.

Cascadia-vehicle-tents

Supporting Sponsor
Well, had a chance to get out this weekend and try out the awning. The awning was great but as it turns out, the mesh was too small. Looks like they sent me the wrong size one. I'm starting to get annoyed. First, I was sent a tent annex, then I was missing mounting brackets. Now this. I even paid for repackaging of the annex to be sent back as fedex wouldn't accept it they the packaging looked.

I would be more than happy to take care of your shipping cost. We do apologize as some of our boxes have been mis labeled.
Again sorry for the problems and delay.

Thanks again,

Bobby

Cascadia-vehicle-tents

Supporting Sponsor
A BIG Thank You!

First Thank you to Pritch for putting together this group buy. 2nd Thank you to all who participated in the group buy!
I am sorry I have not got on here sooner. it was a very busy time as we were trying to do a remodel (which is not done yet) lol the group buy and our normal sales along with our shows. It has been awesome to say the least. We never expected for our sales to be as much as they are this year but we are truly Blessed.
We are going to have a few problems along the way but I sure hope you feel like you are being taken care of as this is our first priority.
We have really gone through damage with our tents. It does not matter if it is UPS, Fed Ex or some other company. they get damaged. You say Bobby why don't you box them better. We have even packed them with plywood all the way around and cardboard that is 3 times as thick. They still stick the forks through them and our cost was even more for shipping because of the added weight. Some people have even received 4 tents. I wish there was a better way but there is not, even big bright signs that say do not use forklift hand truck only do not matter. If people who worked for these shippers took care of them like they would want their own stuff we would not have any damage.
We are having problems with our ladders. They were suppose to be upgraded but do not feel they are. When and if you have problems please call and I will ship you an original ladder. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. the difference between a good company and a great one is customer service. i.e. picking up the phone, replacing parts and caring about your family (customers). I am cotinuing to make our products better all the time and soon to start making more in the states.
I, Ian and our families would like to say Thank you again. We do appreciate your business. And a Super big Thanks again to Pritch!
We look forward to building this company based on Great cutomers, Great Products and Great Customer Service.

Thanks again and have an Awesome summer,

CVT

latybug

Thanks Bobby!

I think that things have mostly gone very well with this whole project. Any time a large group makes a purchase, there's bound to be a few that it didn't work out exactly as hoped.
Believe me, I am in no way discounting the frustration people have had with the "forked" tents, I feel very blessed that I was one who had no issues with that and I do feel frustration for the ones who did. But from what everyone has said on here, Bobby has done his best to make things right, even if it takes a few tries! :) That's definitely customer service right there.
I can relate to the ladder issue, and that too has been dealt with in the most friendly and professional manner.
I don't know much about marketing, but I do know that word-of-mouth is often the best advertisement, and I have already directed a few people to the CVT website just based on what they've seen of my tent. I've told them that the tents are cool to begin with, but the customer service of the company is what really cemented my decision to purchase one.
I definitely feel "taken care of", and will continue to recommend CVT to others.
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism