CVT Group Buy!

mike r

Adventurer
I finally got my brackets modified for my Thule rack

DSC_0090.jpg

The one on the left is the modified one, I had to take out the gusset and drill two holes in the side.

latybug

hey y'alls

My trip this weekend went very well! I drove through some rain, but it never rained while I was set up. (No mishaps on Friday the 13th!) :)

Here's one of the ladder supports. They worked great, very stable.
7-14-12 tent 3.JPG

Do you like my little "front porch" I made with the extra length of annex room? :D I put my camp chair out there and read my book until the sun came around and I got hot.
7-14-12 tent 5.JPG

Standing on my "front porch" looking in. The plastic totes I'm using for side tables - all the crap on top of them in this pic fits into one, and the cover is in the other. The annex room rolls up nicely and fits into it while the cover is on for driving. And they are the perfect height that they will slide right into the truck bed under the rails of the tent. awesome.
7-14-12 tent 8.JPG

I guess I got here late on the Group Buy. Doh.

I will have to keep an eye out for the Next one if CVT decides to allow it. I dont see why not since this one was such a hit!

seanz0rz

Adventurer
we're looking at getting one in the next 2 months. doubt we will find a group buy in that time period.

our plan is to prep the trailer, drive up to bend and pick it up, install it, and go camping!!!

i am seriously upset at my self for not having the cash on hand to get in on the group buy! ohwell!

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Got my tent mounted up a few days ago and did a quick one nighter in it to test it out at the local camping site on Friday night. Overall, very happy with the Mt. Rainier I decided on.

Two questions (for what feels like the CVT support group here!)

1. The ladder -- what am I doing wrong? I have that new style telescoping ladder and no matter what I seem to do, I cannot get it to lock into place on the last section. I have a tall application (84") to the load bars, and I think that CVT sent the 100" ladder (he said there was both a 90" and a 100" model). Several times I have been going up the ladder, thinking it is locked in place ,and when I add my weight to the cantilevered tent at the top, the ladder will "jump/compress" several inches, and it scares the hell out of me every time. I sure feel like the old style ladder seems better...

2. For those of you that have the annex section like the Rainier -- how are you storing that large U shaped bar? I just feed it into the two holes, but it seems precarious like that as it may end up wearing or tearing the fabric over time as you kind of fight it into the storage position.

Thanks! Like I said, overall very happy, just learning how to use it better!

On the ladder, I used some silicone aresol spray that one of the members recommended, made the ladder lock into position nicely and slide open/close better.

On the big 'U' bar, I take mine out, and carefully feed it into the other side opening, so it lays on the mattress.
Seems easier that trying to slide it back into where it was during shipping.

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
On the ladder, I used some silicone aresol spray that one of the members recommended, made the ladder lock into position nicely and slide open/close better.

On the big 'U' bar, I take mine out, and carefully feed it into the other side opening, so it lays on the mattress.
Seems easier that trying to slide it back into where it was during shipping.

I have been curious on that one as well, I keep feeling like I will poke a hole in it. I thought once installed it might fold up but it didn't.

latybug

ladder rungs are not friends with bare feet

This probably only applies to me, (since man-feet are made of bricks and sandpaper...) :)
But you guys think about this for your wives and kiddos!
I go barefoot a lot of the time and the ladder rungs hurt my feet when I climbed on them.
So I bought a huge length of foam pipe insulation and cut it into rung-size pieces. Now I fit them over the rungs while I'm set up, and I just throw them in one of my gray totes while driving.
Much better!
Looking forward to more stories and pics from y'alls!

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
My trip this weekend went very well! I drove through some rain, but it never rained while I was set up. (No mishaps on Friday the 13th!) :)

Here's one of the ladder supports. They worked great, very stable.

Latybug: I noticed on my ladder, the top tubes would only lock in when orientated in the right direction (before I put the bolts in to hold the ladder to the RTT)

If they were off by 180 degrees, they would not lock.

I have mine mounted on my M416, about 56" off the ground.

I have been able to lock my ladder, and not have any collapsing problems, or need any supports.

Hope this helps!

fwiw: I head out tomorrow for the first trip with the new RTT! 3 nights to use it, and 3 days of trail guiding. Should be fun!

ttn333

Observer
I bought the 79" awning and mesh, but haven't had the chance set up the awning yet. Just had enough time to mount it to the truck.

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
This probably only applies to me, (since man-feet are made of bricks and sandpaper...) :)
But you guys think about this for your wives and kiddos!
I go barefoot a lot of the time and the ladder rungs hurt my feet when I climbed on them.
So I bought a huge length of foam pipe insulation and cut it into rung-size pieces. Now I fit them over the rungs while I'm set up, and I just throw them in one of my gray totes while driving.
Much better!
Looking forward to more stories and pics from y'alls!

I have feet like shoe leather, and had already planned to do this when the replacement tent arrives. I am glad to know that it does work well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77