CVT Roof Top Tent GB 2012

Guri

Explorer
Moisture barrier

This is a picture of the condensation under the mattress.

After a bit wait Bobby send me a moisture barrier. He is going to start carrying this material to prevent the moisture under the bed.

Here is a few pictures of the material. As you see is about 3/16 thick and 46 1/2 inches wide.

I can't wait to test it in a could weather but, we are going to summer time now :)

If you need more info, you can contact him at 541-419-2790

Thank you Bobby!

I spoke with Bobby yesterday and he seemed pretty optimistic that the soft sided tents would be in today. I plan to meet up with him next week to pick up a tent when he is on his way to Moab. We have hit a few snags/delays on the Nomad trailer so Bobby is going out of his way to get me my RTT so I can use it while the trailer is being completed. Funny thing is the snags are on my end and not on his, so he is not doing this out of guilt. He is just doing this because he is a good guy. I have made many additions and changes to the Nomad trailer which include max coupler hitch, fresh water tank, gray water tank, sink, stove, adjustable awning, fridge, 12 volt power, custom Hutchison beadlock wheels, a large slide out drawer that converts into a table, Mercedes G500 OEM tail lights, LED lit compartments, special paint job, and all the compartments are rhinolined. This is the side of the business few see but bobby has been fantastic making sure this trailer is perfect. Bobby has just been great to work with through out the process on this large project. I can't wait to see it when it is completed.

rwright07

Life is a highway
I have still heard nothing from Bobby about my Mt Rainier tent ship date, despite leaving a number of messages.
Im sure he is just busy, but I expect at least a call after forking over $$ based on his reputation.

2008taco

I believe i read something about him heading over to overland expo for the weekend. there were 80+ people who got in on this group buy, and many of them are calling him for info. You have to remember this group buy was not planned by him, and there for he could not make the same preparations as he has in previous group buys.

Werrea

Observer
I have still heard nothing from Bobby about my Mt Rainier tent ship date, despite leaving a number of messages.
Im sure he is just busy, but I expect at least a call after forking over $$ based on his reputation.

He has been really busy. I called and spoke to him last week. I am in the Portland area and plan on picking up my tent. At each time I have spoke to him, he has been great to talk to. I know he went to Expo in Arizona this past weekend.

The tents were delayed and outside his control. I spoke to him Thursday about picking up my tent this week.

I have never left a message. I always just call back at a different time. Usually in the morning or late in the evening.

And agreed. This GB was sprung on him. It wasn't his idea, but recognizing the need, he supported the GB.

I can't wait to meet him in person.

Leviathan

Observer
I completely understand the frustration in the tent delay. However, I can say without equivocation that Bobby is great to work with. The shipping delays were out of his control and in my opinion he has gone above and beyond in customer service to put this group buy together.

Keep in mind also that CVT is not Bobby's full time gig. He has a day job also. FWIW.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Agreed. Don't worry, Bobby will take care of us. He is even making a big trip to Canada and then down to Moab to meet large concetrated parties of people that purchased in the GB. He is going well over up and beyond to get these tents to people. Even gave away his personal tents.

Just hang tight fellas. He is doing his best.

rwright07

Life is a highway
My worry is that I wont get it, or wont get it in time. I have a 9400 mile, 2 month trip that is supposed to start mid June.
Just a confirmation that it will happen is all I ask, otherwise I need to figure out an alternative ASAP.

E.J.

Explorer
I'm in the same boat, hitting the road June 20th. I'm sure the tent will be here in time but knowing when will take the trip planning stress level down a few notches :safari-rig:

Werrea

Observer
Bobby just posted on the TW Forum that he is expecting delivery of the tents today. This is excellent news.

Good morning everyone,

Sorry to make you wait as I have wanted to know for sure before I wrote you again. Tents are in and being delivered to us today. If you have any questions please call. It will be a busy few days getting these all out.
Thank you so much for your patience.

Thanks again,

Bobby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal