CVT Roof Top Tent GB 2012

E.J.

Explorer
Its the Rainier, pretty much takes up the whole roof. It's only riding on the subi temporarily, going on a trailer ultimately.

briz65

Adventurer
So I spoke to the trucking co. They said that they will deliver my tent between 3 and 5 tomorrow:D the end is near! Woo Hoo......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

briz65

Adventurer
My tent has arrived!!!:D the truck broke down so it arrived late last night, 9pm. There was NO damage to it. :beer: set it up in my garage last night. It is FREAKING AWESOME! My son in law is coming over Friday to put on my FJC. So in the mean time here is a picture of it in my garage......:rolleyes:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370434715163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370434715163.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 89

Werrea

Observer
My tent has arrived!!!:D the truck broke down so it arrived late last night, 9pm. There was NO damage to it. :beer: set it up in my garage last night. It is FREAKING AWESOME! My son in law is coming over Friday to put on my FJC. So in the mean time here is a picture of it in my garage......:rolleyes:

Congratulations!!! These things are awesome. I slept in mine this past weekend in the driveway. Sick kid, so no where to go, but it was a blast having a camp out at the house. All sorts of neighbors coming by to see it and get in it. Definately a conversation starter.

briz65

Adventurer
Thanks! Now for the rest of the story. ...remember when Bobby posted the upgrade deal? Well in my exuberance, I called in right away and asked for the upgrade. Then I got to looking at the size difference between the Shasta and the Ranier. I have the ARB Touring rack on my FJC. The available space on the rack is 57in long. The total length of the rack is 87in. I had a facepalm moment and called Bobby back and canceled the upgrade and instead send me the vapor mat instaed. After I was so excited last night it didn't dawn on the size the tent in my garage. This morning I started to look at it more closely and realized that itbwas not going to fit. Yep, I got the Ranier. So I called Bobby this morning and as we spoke he realized that he never canceled the upgrade. We came up with an alternative that I think will work for this. I will have to cut the rack down a bit and still be able to mount the tent. I'll post pictures when we complete the mod. Oh and Bobby told me that I will have to get the zipper reattached because the Rainier annex top zipper is backwards. He said he would pay for it over the phone with the tailor. I know it's been said a Gazillion times, but it is so true. Bobby is the very best i have ever dealt with when it comes to customer service! My hat is off you Bobby and I will be a proud CVT tent owner and Promoter!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Yea get used to lots of people asking about them if you stay in a camp ground! It's funny haha

:D
Glad people are getting their tents!!

Kcdude

Adventurer
Thanks! Now for the rest of the story. ...remember when Bobby posted the upgrade deal? Well in my exuberance, I called in right away and asked for the upgrade. Then I got to looking at the size difference between the Shasta and the Ranier. I have the ARB Touring rack on my FJC. The available space on the rack is 57in long. The total length of the rack is 87in. I had a facepalm moment and called Bobby back and canceled the upgrade and instead send me the vapor mat instaed. After I was so excited last night it didn't dawn on the size the tent in my garage. This morning I started to look at it more closely and realized that itbwas not going to fit. Yep, I got the Ranier. So I called Bobby this morning and as we spoke he realized that he never canceled the upgrade. We came up with an alternative that I think will work for this. I will have to cut the rack down a bit and still be able to mount the tent. I'll post pictures when we complete the mod. Oh and Bobby told me that I will have to get the zipper reattached because the Rainier annex top zipper is backwards. He said he would pay for it over the phone with the tailor. I know it's been said a Gazillion times, but it is so true. Bobby is the very best i have ever dealt with when it comes to customer service! My hat is off you Bobby and I will be a proud CVT tent owner and Promoter!

What kind of pricing did he have on the Vapor Mat?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal