CVT Roof Top Tent GB 2012

sytfu510

Urban UAV
Just got mine in today, still learning to setup everything...

live6FlxYQ.jpg

briz65

Adventurer
What kind of pricing did he have on the Vapor Mat?

Bobby had quoted me $50 for it. He said he is out of it right now. Give him a call and he can get you on the list if your jnterested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Werrea

Observer
Thanks! Now for the rest of the story. ...remember when Bobby posted the upgrade deal? Well in my exuberance, I called in right away and asked for the upgrade. Then I got to looking at the size difference between the Shasta and the Ranier. I have the ARB Touring rack on my FJC. The available space on the rack is 57in long. The total length of the rack is 87in. I had a facepalm moment and called Bobby back and canceled the upgrade and instead send me the vapor mat instaed. After I was so excited last night it didn't dawn on the size the tent in my garage. This morning I started to look at it more closely and realized that itbwas not going to fit. Yep, I got the Ranier. So I called Bobby this morning and as we spoke he realized that he never canceled the upgrade. We came up with an alternative that I think will work for this. I will have to cut the rack down a bit and still be able to mount the tent. I'll post pictures when we complete the mod. Oh and Bobby told me that I will have to get the zipper reattached because the Rainier annex top zipper is backwards. He said he would pay for it over the phone with the tailor. I know it's been said a Gazillion times, but it is so true. Bobby is the very best i have ever dealt with when it comes to customer service! My hat is off you Bobby and I will be a proud CVT tent owner and Promoter!

I have a 60 and have the same touring rack. I also have the Rainer. I didn't have to cut mine. I moved the rack forward a little and let it hang over the rear a little. Doesn't look bad at all and isn't beyond the rear bumper. Moved my awning back a little and everything looks in alignment. If you want to store soft stuff or can's in front you would still have room.
image.jpg

daninghram

Adventurer
Is the zipper on backward on all the Rainer annexs?
Thanks! Now for the rest of the story. ...remember when Bobby posted the upgrade deal? Well in my exuberance, I called in right away and asked for the upgrade. Then I got to looking at the size difference between the Shasta and the Ranier. I have the ARB Touring rack on my FJC. The available space on the rack is 57in long. The total length of the rack is 87in. I had a facepalm moment and called Bobby back and canceled the upgrade and instead send me the vapor mat instaed. After I was so excited last night it didn't dawn on the size the tent in my garage. This morning I started to look at it more closely and realized that itbwas not going to fit. Yep, I got the Ranier. So I called Bobby this morning and as we spoke he realized that he never canceled the upgrade. We came up with an alternative that I think will work for this. I will have to cut the rack down a bit and still be able to mount the tent. I'll post pictures when we complete the mod. Oh and Bobby told me that I will have to get the zipper reattached because the Rainier annex top zipper is backwards. He said he would pay for it over the phone with the tailor. I know it's been said a Gazillion times, but it is so true. Bobby is the very best i have ever dealt with when it comes to customer service! My hat is off you Bobby and I will be a proud CVT tent owner and Promoter!

Werrea

Observer
According to Bobby, yes. I verified mine is backwards some on the tw forums have experience this too:(

Great....so where do I take it? I'm in Portland. Anyone have recommendations?

E.J.

Explorer
According to Bobby, yes. I verified mine is backwards some on the tw forums have experience this too:(

Yea, I spent about 20 minutes in denial trying to attach that thing. Was gonna keep it under my hat if it was an isolated incident, NBD getting it taken care of.

E.J.

Explorer
Blackdawg; said:
And yes drill holes where ever it's needed to fit your rig height. Use a 3/8s bit, should be just oversized to make them fit good.

To mark where I wanted I put the ladder where I wanted then whacked the lock pins good and hard. It left a mark in the soft aluminum ladder and I drilled away.

Good advice quoted from the Taco forum. I need to set my ladder up shorter and was way over-thinking the process of how to do it.:victory:

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
I don't want to bug bobby, but have they all shipped out? Will mine be coming this week? Thx

I can't say for sure. But most I think are shipped or being shipped. Gotta remember he had 80+ tents to ship!

is anyone local heading to bend to pick up from bobby this weekend?

Yes i know of 2 going on Saturday.

Good advice quoted from the Taco forum. I need to set my ladder up shorter and was way over-thinking the process of how to do it.:victory:

Hmmm I wonder who that is...

:D

briz65

Adventurer
When I spoke to Bobby he did not mention any other tent but the Ranier. The only way to be sure is to call Bobby. I know mine will have to be reversed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal