daily driver XJ

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Great working with your Dad

Happy for your project and the time your able to spend with you dad, having the extra set of hands and the experience that usually comes with them can be a real help.

Tire, 2 cans of gas and whatever else you add to the rear rack can be a lot of weight held by one low pivot point. I ended us having to run a strap from my roof rack down to give mine more stability over rocky terrain. I'm now looking into a swinging arm that has two attachment hinges on the passengers side.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Happy for your project and the time your able to spend with you dad, having the extra set of hands and the experience that usually comes with them can be a real help.

Tire, 2 cans of gas and whatever else you add to the rear rack can be a lot of weight held by one low pivot point. I ended us having to run a strap from my roof rack down to give mine more stability over rocky terrain. I'm now looking into a swinging arm that has two attachment hinges on the passengers side.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Yah the extra hand is nice but I'm the one doing most of the teaching. Lol

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
got my swing out carrier about 85% done and got it mounted on the jeep. the spare tire is sitting a little higher than i thought it would but i have about 3"s i can drop it if need be. theres still a few things i might change but so far its pretty solid.

001-10.jpg

005-8.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-7.jpg

the new lights i mounted on the front.
008-3.jpg

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Took the jeep upto the mountains yesterday and did some fishing. Filled up both jerry cans and loaded them on the swing out carrier, with both cans fully loaded and the spare it only drops about 1/16-1/8". My neighbors swing out with one jerry can and his spare drops about half an inch and he bought his from rustys. It was a good day, tried fly fishing for the first time since I was 7, caught six rainbow trout, little bit of wind and light rain showers in the afternoon. All in all a good day out of town.

08whitex

Adventurer
got my swing out carrier about 85% done and got it mounted on the jeep. the spare tire is sitting a little higher than i thought it would but i have about 3"s i can drop it if need be. theres still a few things i might change but so far its pretty solid.

001-10.jpg

005-8.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-7.jpg

the new lights i mounted on the front.
008-3.jpg

Is there a reason the tire is mounted so high?

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Well like you just quoted I said it came out higher than I had planned and I can lower it 3 inches. But I didn't want it to low because I'm gonna be running bigger tires and didn't want it to be really low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach