Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Dave, not sure if this would work for you since you got the fog lights, but I was able to mount my winch solenoid box/control inside the arb bumper essentially where the fog light is. Sort of an empty cavity inside the bumper. You have to reach up under the bumper to plug in the controller, but it is out of sight and out of the way of the lights.
If you use 12volt guys inside controller set up you will hardly ever have to reach under there.:victory:

bcrez

Adventurer
I had a guy park right up my tail pipe when I was fully loaded. He was so close that when I checked my side-views I couldnt see his sedan. Anyways I backed up right into his car. I offered him some cash for the tail light and he took it. Then he calls me up two weeks later saying he needs more money. I turn to the almighty google to do some investigatory work on this guy. Turns out he is a drug dealer who had been arrested shortly after I hit him for having a broken tail-light, and subsequently a lot of dope in his car. He was looking to me to foot his court bill. I laughed that off and told him $400 was plenty for a tail light and if he needed more he could show me an auto-body estimate and I would oblige. Never heard from him again. What an bozo. I'm glad your taco wasnt too bent up over this, it would be a shame after all the work you've put into it.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Got her back from the body shop so I cleaned up the front end a bit and finally finished prepping her for a new gen ARB bumper with fogs

100_3473.jpg

For my winch version 2.0, I'm thinking that the winch solenoid box/control is going to get relocated out of sight and maybe even some synthetic line before the winch goes back on ;)

Check on the inside of your engine bay - I got lucky with my solenoid and the WARN mounting bracket just happened to fit a pattern of bolts inside the engine bay below the air cleaner box and stil allowed access for my winch controller hard line. Remotely mounting winch controls will be very handy inside the rig, too. There are a couple of painless inexpensive options to consider also...

dodecagon2000

Adventurer
did you cut the fogs into your existing arb or did you buy a whole new one?
Got her back from the body shop so I cleaned up the front end a bit and finally finished prepping her for a new gen ARB bumper with fogs

100_3473.jpg

For my winch version 2.0, I'm thinking that the winch solenoid box/control is going to get relocated out of sight and maybe even some synthetic line before the winch goes back on ;)

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Added a hefty magnet to catch those pesky bottle caps in camp.

100_3256.jpg

One of the reasons for the whole build - Savannah the Happy Camper!!!

100_3246.jpg

Oh my gosh, Dave is that your "baby"!? She's monsterous! (in a beautiful way, mind you)

You're gonna need more guns and a bigger porch there, bub! :)

oh, and P.S. I gotta get me one of those bottle openers...cool magnet, too. :D

targa88

Explorer
Footwell Tank

Front Runner Footwell 40L Water Tank! (Link)

Here is OverlandHadley's setup, I think this would work nicely for my setup as well. 10 gallons of water carried low and near the center of the vehicle :ylsmoke:

78740687.jpg

Great looking set up. Just wondering if the footwell in the Tacoma is the same as the FJC?
Paul was not sure....

Adventurer
Does the water tank have internal baffles to slow the side to side water transfer when bouncing down a trail? The sound of water would make me want to pee.
That's a pretty cool option, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind having one for the bed of my truck without the cutout for the tranny tunnel. :cool:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Scored a nearly brand new OEM cat back exhaust assembly today for $40! :hehe:

Mine has some rust and MAJOR dents and such from desert rockin' so this was a major score, taken off a 2009 that the owner put a TRD exhaust on after purchase. He was gonna throw it away!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I installed these small utility tracks to connect the Car Tarp to, easy project and cheap!
http://www.easternmarine.com/Aluminum-Super-Track-Kit-ST6/

Sorry about the crappy iPhone pics!

031.jpg

032.jpg

I set it up real quick with 2 lines and 2 stakes just to show coverage, if I added 2 more guy outs and moved the poles back it can make a pretty good shade patch, I have it configured to block the late afternoon sun in these pics. This configuration provides shade and privacy ;)

035.jpg

034.jpg

033.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner