Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
There is a nasty rumor that I painted the truck a different color. This is pure bull ;)

21927226.jpg

(crappy iPhone pic from 27FEB11))

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
SoCal Desert Rendezvous 2011

The new setup is working GREAT! The Kelty Cartarp stood up to some impressive gusts and strong, steady winds. It's a keeper. The Camp Mate chuck box works very well BUT... I think I'm going to sell it since I came home with a truck full of Snow Peak (the Iron Grill Table ;)).

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
OVX 11 Road Trip Preps

I'm at 86,500 Miles so I went ahead and threw on new OEM rear drum brake shoes because one shoe had a bad edge showing (replaced early, 30%+ remaining on old shoes). I had replaced the front pads at 60K and they still show about 90% remaining. I also rotated the tires again (I try to rotate every 5K). I'll throw some new Denso spark plugs in there after this road trip and am looking to do the belt/hoses/coolant and brake fluids this summer (90K or so).

She's all ready to roll out to Amado!

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
She's all ready to roll out to Amado!

So is mine... 6 hours and I hit the road with sbly and his 200 series LC. See you there!

OBTW, the new shelter rig you have there is looking good. Some 4 inch tree branches, a bucket to catch gas from unsuspecting motorists and you're GTG.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
So is mine... 6 hours and I hit the road with sbly and his 200 series LC. See you there!

OBTW, the new shelter rig you have there is looking good. Some 4 inch tree branches, a bucket to catch gas from unsuspecting motorists and you're GTG.

:elkgrin:

See you there!

slimjim

I just got finished with all 153 pages of your build thread. All I got to say is I admire your attention to detail and innovation on everything.

When I get back from this desert toward the end of this year, I'm going to be buying an '09ish taco dbl 4wd trd off road. Your build thread has put a lot of ideas in my head... Looking forward to seeing your future mod's.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I just got finished with all 153 pages of your build thread. All I got to say is I admire your attention to detail and innovation on everything.

When I get back from this desert toward the end of this year, I'm going to be buying an '09ish taco dbl 4wd trd off road. Your build thread has put a lot of ideas in my head... Looking forward to seeing your future mod's.

Thanks, hit me up if you need help with anything and, Welcome to ExPo!

slimjim

don't know if you've ever heard of customtacos.com i've been on there for the past 7 years. but they've died down a lot since then. When I get back to the states, first things first... gotta buy another taco. lol.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
don't know if you've ever heard of customtacos.com i've been on there for the past 7 years. but they've died down a lot since then. When I get back to the states, first things first... gotta buy another taco. lol.

Yep, I've lurked around most every Toyota site there is over the years.

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Doc,
Can you post up a close up picture of how you attach the Kelty Tarp to the back of your rig?

Thanks in advance
DEL

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
OVX 11 Pics

Sealed up during the day to keep the dust out, note the new cleaner look sans decals
DSC_03601.jpg

Generous shade area provided by Kelty, Gear's new Snow Peak Iron Grill Table in the foreground
DSC_03691.jpg

Fine tequilas enroute to happy hours with Al Walter ;)
DSC_03621.jpg

Nightfall in Amado, AZ
DSC_04491.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner