Enduro Campers - New Composite Wedge Camper

ADVmedic

No real experience, but I just ordered one and put down first payment. It's going on a 2.5 gen Tacoma DCLB. Install expected in March (maybe early April). Guess it's my turn to be an early adopter...

I'll report back when I have some experience with it. The only thing I haven't decided on yet is side doors, side windows, or windows built into the side doors...

Ninelitetrip

Interesting product line. I like the SuperTourer on a Chassis Cab. Hopefully, they can flesh out the product soon with more detail. The initial plan looks based on the Toyota platform only. Should be able to go to an 8-foot floorplan for full size.

seanduro

Heyo! I'm Sean, engineer here at Enduro Campers. Thanks for starting a thread mcjager- its exciting to see people talking about us! A bit about the company: we're located in the central coast of california and are finally starting to build campers after a few years of development. Our main goals are to push the boundaries of composite tech for truck campers, and address some big gaps in the current north american camper market.

I'll be watching this thread and I'm happy to try and answer any questions y'all have (time permitting- can't spend all my time on expedition portal when there are campers to be built!)

Ninelitetrip- we have pictures up of the SuperTourer on a toyota platform, but by no means is it toyota only. Our first SuperTourer will actually be on our F150 shop truck for testing. We're not currently locked in to any specific platforms; our construction methods let us change dimensions between builds if we see fit. Eventually, we may lock in to molds or limit available trucks to standardize + speed up building campers. While you could use a chassis cab, I really want to see someone with a SuperTourer turn their old truck bed into a trailer and then tow it around for kicks. Jokes aside, chassis cabs are usually more restrictive on options, for example, its harder to find SRW or 4x4 models in a chassis cab spec.

ADVmedic- Thanks for supporting us! Imo, side windows are best if you spend a lot of time in the camper with the top down. With the top up, the windows will only provide your knees with views of the surrounding area. Side doors are best if you plan to use the truck bed for cargo. If you are doing a full buildout, side doors could give you outdoor access to kitchen equipment, or they could take up valuable wall space. Ultimately, there's no right answer- just depends on your intended future build plans (no buildout, light buildout, full/permanent buildout) and your relationship with your truck (daily driver, full time camper rig, weekend toy).

As a little teaser, here's a picture of the newest camper we just finished. An update to our HiTop model, we now have a cabover section that allows for more interior storage and a higher ceiling, crucial for fixed roof camping setups. This particular customer is stoked to be able to store a 9' longboard inside the shell. We haven't taken too many pictures of it yet, but updating the website is on the to-do list.
IMG_4288.jpg

Anyways, I need to get off of the computer and back into the shop; we have panels to make this afternoon. Plus, this is enough of a text wall already.

Happy Trails!

ThebigMT

These look interesting.... would be good for you guys to get some more info on the website about hardware, tent fabric etc... I can appreciate the custom nature of your new company but you could save yourselves a lot of effort by publishing more basic info. I'll be watching for sure.

Ninelitetrip

Heyo! I'm Sean, engineer here at Enduro Campers. Thanks for starting a thread mcjager- its exciting to see people talking about us! A bit about the company: we're located in the central coast of california and are finally starting to build campers after a few years of development. Our main goals are to push the boundaries of composite tech for truck campers, and address some big gaps in the current north american camper market.

Hey Sean thanks for dropping in. Look forward to the updates. My interest is the F350 platform, long term to full time use, hence the interest in an 8 foot floor plan with a bit more interior room. Any possibility of a shower pan at the entry door for an indoor shower?

chet6.7

Explorer

I'll be watching this thread and I'm happy to try and answer any questions y'all have (time permitting- can't spend all my time on expedition portal when there are campers to be built!)

Ninelitetrip- we have pictures up of the SuperTourer on a toyota platform, but by no means is it toyota only. Our first SuperTourer will actually be on our F150 shop truck for testing. We're not currently locked in to any specific platforms; our construction methods let us change dimensions between builds if we see fit. Eventually, we may lock in to molds or limit available trucks to standardize + speed up building campers. While you could use a chassis cab, I really want to see someone with a SuperTourer turn their old truck bed into a trailer and then tow it around for kicks. Jokes aside, chassis cabs are usually more restrictive on options, for example, its harder to find SRW or 4x4 models in a chassis cab spec.

ADVmedic- Thanks for supporting us! Imo, side windows are best if you spend a lot of time in the camper with the top down. With the top up, the windows will only provide your knees with views of the surrounding area. Side doors are best if you plan to use the truck bed for cargo. If you are doing a full buildout, side doors could give you outdoor access to kitchen equipment, or they could take up valuable wall space. Ultimately, there's no right answer- just depends on your intended future build plans (no buildout, light buildout, full/permanent buildout) and your relationship with your truck (daily driver, full time camper rig, weekend toy).

As a little teaser, here's a picture of the newest camper we just finished. An update to our HiTop model, we now have a cabover section that allows for more interior storage and a higher ceiling, crucial for fixed roof camping setups. This particular customer is stoked to be able to store a 9' longboard inside the shell. We haven't taken too many pictures of it yet, but updating the website is on the to-do list.
View attachment 699118

Anyways, I need to get off of the computer and back into the shop; we have panels to make this afternoon. Plus, this is enough of a text wall already.

Happy Trails!
Having some more pictures and info on the website would be appreciated. What is the street address? Are their products to look at?

KellyM

Adventurer
I saw a Lobo camper with the full popup in December. It was very impressive. It is a great design, well executed and the fit and finish was very good as well. I like the fact that it is composite as a opposed to aluminum (I had been looking at the AT Atlas and Vagabond wedge campers). In my opinion it is a cleaner look (YMMV) and a much better cold weather option. The guys at Enduro Campers appear to have really done the work on the engineering and design behind these campers. Also, the ability to customize the camper as you want, at least for now, sold my wife and me. We are on the list for a Lobo once we get our new truck. Happy to answer any questions I can.

jasonstilgebouer

Hey everyone! And hey @seanduro

I actually photographed the initial photos of the Lobo camper in Johnson Valley and Big Bear California. The guys at Enduro Campers are incredible engineers and an overall awesome group of humans.

I actually have an Enduro Campers Lobo Wedge on order for my Tundra and am expected to get it next month. If anyone has any questions regarding the company or their campers I would be happy to help.

What do you guys want to know?

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 10.45.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-10 at 10.45.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 10.46.31 AM.png

Last edited:

highwest

What do you guys want to know?
I want to know if you really drove around with the top popped
3C3FBBAC-67D6-4CD4-9FD3-7E75DBA983DF.jpeg
?

In all honesty, I’m happy to see a number of things in Enduro campers -

1. Composite manufacturing, plastic has many so many advantages over a lot of the metal wedges and popups offered today. Insulation, compliance to bend stresses, repairability, etc…

2. Popup and wedge option, I know wedges are all the rage, but they seem like an inefficient use of space.

3. SuperTourer, I hope this will be light enough for a midsize. Spare me all of the furniture and luxuries, I still want to camp out of my truck, not in it. Make it easy to load with gear from the outside.

Looks like a lot of good things happening!

Reactions: Ark

jasonstilgebouer

I want to know if you really drove around with the top popped
View attachment 701271
?

In all honesty, I’m happy to see a number of things in Enduro campers -

1. Composite manufacturing, plastic has many so many advantages over a lot of the metal wedges and popups offered today. Insulation, compliance to bend stresses, repairability, etc…

2. Popup and wedge option, I know wedges are all the rage, but they seem like an inefficient use of space.

3. SuperTourer, I hope this will be light enough for a midsize. Spare me all of the furniture and luxuries, I still want to camp out of my truck, not in it. Make it easy to load with gear from the outside.

Looks like a lot of good things happening!

Yes, we did drive with it open! Although we don't recommend it, we did it for the photo and to demonstrate its durability of it.

1. Composite is incredible. It is bringing large-scale expedition vehicle technology to a smaller scale in North America.

2. Enduro Campers believes variety is the spice of life and is proud to offer both options.

3. It will indeed be light enough for a midsize truck. Although the first prototype they are building is on an F150.

seanduro

Hey all! and hey @jasonstilgebouer good to see ya

Been a busy few weeks at the shop doing another HiTop and interior buildout for a very unique setup. But I'm back on the computer for a bit to catch up.

@ThebigMT & @chet6.7 - we definitely need more info on our website, and we're planning on updating the site over the next week or two as we take some time to do administrative work. I think a technology section is in order. Whether we integrate that into the existing specs and faq pages or add a whole new page to the site is TBD. I'm hesitant to make broad changes to the website architecture as it could easily become a big project that takes an inordinate amount of time. Nevertheless, we'll add more technology details to the site, as well as photos of our most recently completed campers and interiors. Chet, good catch- our street address is listed in our google business profile but not our website. We're currently preparing a shop truck for the SuperTourer development build, so we don't have anything to show visitors at the moment. Nevertheless, we're happy to accept visitors to chat and learn more about our processes, just drop us a line. We can coordinate timing to view completed customer builds too.

@Ninelitetrip - the F350 would be great platform and you would have tons of room in there. As far as the shower pan goes, we don't have a provision for that yet- it's something we'd have to spend more time researching, designing, etc. I think an inside shower is a good idea, especially for full time use, especially especially on a cabin with a large floorplan to accommodate it. So I'm not ruling it out as a long term option, but it's not something I can promise you in the short term. Our current priority is dialing in layout options for essentials like gear storage, kitchen equipment, spare tires, electrical/water systems, and cold food storage. Once those processes are nailed down, we'll move into developing options like indoor showers. We found during our first pass at the SuperTourer interior over a year ago that chasing too many accessory rabbit holes really confuses the interior design and sometimes the exterior too. Now on our second pass, we are prioritizing simplicity and necessity for our initial layout options. We'll use that as a base to explore more complicated or custom designs in the future.

@KellyM & @highwest - thank you for your enthusiasm, it's wonderful to see folks share the same excitement about this project that we have! Yes, we drove with the top popped- we told the driver to do some brake stands, he got really hyped, and took off before we could put down our cameras and close the top. The desert tends to coax people into driving like maniacs, mostly because it's unbelievably fun. Unfortunately, we didn't measure how much additional downforce the top up configuration adds.

@kerouac - as Jason mentioned, that's totally doable for us. We may standardize our offerings in the future and limit bed sizes, but for now we're willing to work with almost any platform. Maybe no chevy avalanches though.

That's all for now! I'll be back with some pictures of the lobo classic soon. Also, any interest in a supertourer thread? I could see that being a topic of interest that may be best suited for a different thread, potentially not in the pop up camper section.

Sean I would be interested in a SuperTourer thread. I sent you an email via your website expressing interest in possibly being an early customer for a SuperTourer. Let me know if we can connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy