Equipt's Land Cruiser 100 Series

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Looking good!! I just did the Slee UCAs while my rig is out west. Definitely improved the handling and made the steering more snappy.

Mine is parked out in Denver as I have one more trip to do before I bring it back home. We should plan a Hundy trip to PI in October!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
hey Chris. great to hear from you. I thought you fell off the grid for a while. I'd love to do another trip to PI again. it would be fun too pick your brain about your rig too. I hope you and the family are doing well.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
the new sway bar links and bushings (front and rear) came today. Can't wait to get it all together. I'm pretty confident that it will drastically improve steering, handling and ride comfort. are you going to the expo east or the Appalachian rendezvous?

Chris Boyd

Explorer
hey Chris. great to hear from you. I thought you fell off the grid for a while. I'd love to do another trip to PI again. it would be fun too pick your brain about your rig too. I hope you and the family are doing well.

Pretty much did. Been a chock-full summer! 3 weeks with the family out west, then a job change, then a few days out in Colorado for 100s in the Hills. Going to CruiserFest in a couple of weeks, then the rig will be back home.

Hoping we will be to the beach for Labor Day, so maybe we can link up somewhere down east. Would love to see the rig!

Chris Boyd

Explorer
the new sway bar links and bushings (front and rear) came today. Can't wait to get it all together. I'm pretty confident that it will drastically improve steering, handling and ride comfort. are you going to the expo east or the Appalachian rendezvous?

Yes, going to expo east for sure. Maybe app rendezvous, it's on the calendar...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
WOW! Can't wait to hear about all of the details over a few beers and a campfire. you had some mods done, too, right?
I can't make OEX east but will be at the ARV. hope to see you there..

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
20140920_135642.jpgFinally got them installed. Only took us 4 hours! ! And redid all 4 sway bar links. Now I just need to align the front end and install the DC POWER alternator. 270 amps of AWESOMENESS.20140926_124448.jpg

Last edited:

mph

Expedition Leader
Looks like you are doing a great job with the rig. IMO...You need to change the title of the thread though...It's your rig now. Not Equipt's...Just sayin...Keep up the excellent pictures and updates. It will last you another 200,000 miles:)

GaFJC

View attachment 239935 Got rid of the "golden sombrerro"
View attachment 239936
Painted it textured black with matte clear coat and put black frelective tape behind it.

View attachment 239937 Oh, and did a sweet wrap job on the LoadSpotter handle.

Removed the 3rd row seat belts. So much better not having those in the way. Also remounted the fridge enclosure making it easier to remove and reinstall. I also scooted it forward a few inches. Hopefully this will allow me to install all of the second row seats without having to pull the fridge enclosure. We shall see.

Future projects..... not in particular order.... Seeing if I can sell a kidney to fund it. lol
1. Wagon Gear tailgate mod
2. Slee shocks (front and rear)
3. New UCA's to get camber/caster squared away
4. EMS powered headers and full exhaust system.
5. Operation wiring clean-up.
6. OBA system. Extremeaire Magnum. (had it on the Jeep and LOVED it)
7. Powdercoat 2nd spare and get some new tires.

Be careful with EMS products or Doug Thorley as well. Check the 100 forum on IH8MUD for the unsavory details

cactusjk

Explorer
Just catching up with this thread! We have a house on St. John and love the Jolly Dog stuff down at Skinny Legs. What a special island and culture.
It could have been, I guess. Had Jimmy Buffett turned up a bit to loud. If that is possible. I'd bet on the rock.

Your sticker link go me to thinking. I found what was left of my sticker.

View attachment 77690

I think the sentimentality has more to do with where I got it. The Jolly Dog is a pretty cool watering hole on the east side of St. John USVI. Good memories live there. Maybe I'll write them and see if I can get a replacement.

Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven