Equipt's Land Cruiser 100 Series

jjstahl3

Explorer
a5e8a3at.jpg

Threw these together for the trip east tomorrow

stioc

Expedition Leader
I live a couple of miles down the road from you and while I see another 100 with an ARB bumper and a snorkle every now and again on El Toro but never seen your EQUIPT hundy. You should join us on our trip to Monache next weekend (Jun 13th, CA/NV forum).

griplimited

@stioc, does that 100 with ARB Bumper/Snorkel have just the grill bar only and a rear tire carrier bumper and ARB Roof Rack. I've seen that a few times as well.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Yes, I believe so. I usually see it around 7am and I believe he takes the El Toro exit from 5 North.

Looks like this Equit 100 is nowsold to Yuma Desert though - I'm so confused lol.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Well, I've been a busy boy putting my touches on the 100. So far I have sand blasted and repainted the front runner rear tire step. New ratchet strap is going on soon. I also replaced the outlets in the dash with a new panel and a blue sea dual USB and standard power outlet. I finally got my kayak mounts installed and went for a trip, installed the clamshell / doggie bed, removed the sunroof visor and repositioned the wind deflector (huge decrease in noise) and repositioned the solar panel. Oh and started mocking up the spoyla awning mounts.....
20140618_073833.jpg Before
20140619_122026.jpg After
20140610_132303.jpg Before
20140624_175701.jpg After
20140624_175720.jpg

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
P6211020.jpg getting ready to hit the water! :)
Now I have to figure out why the fridge is crapping out when left running over night? I'm guessing the aux battery is shot...?

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Here's what the current roof rack configuration is looking like. I also got the spoyla awning mounted. No small feat on a 100 series. I had to be able to clear the lift gate and allow for the K9 tableto be accessable as well...
P6271110.jpg

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Was fortunatre enough to have the lake all to myself again! The water was rough and choppy, too. made thnigs quite interesting and capturing photos a bit of a challenge at times.

Attachments

• P6281121.jpg
    P6281121.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
20140704_164518.jpg20140704_165236.jpg20140703_130344.jpg

I've been pretty busy over the past week or so. I mocked up the second spoyla awning on the side,
mounted up the rotopax first aid kit, fire extinguisher, some quick fists and the power inverter.
FML getting sick of the sideways photos.... grrr

Okay.... So Late Saturday I thought it would be a good idea to replace the rusty bolts that secure the snorkel to the windshield pillar, with some stainless hardware..... it should only take a couple of minutes, right? WRONG!! Both bolt heads snapped off! So I had ro remove the snorkel so I could extract the bolt shafts. That was going along pretty well until the "easy -out" snapped off inside one of the drilled out bolts. So I just drilled out the other one and tapped new threads. The one with the hardened steel center (easy out) heated up enough trying to drill it out that it made the plastic soft enough that i was able to remove the entire bolt anchor and install a new one. So in summary; 2 bolts and a couple of minutes turned into quite a few hours of cursing. in the end i busted a lot of rust, repainted a couple of brackets, taught myself how to remove and install a safari snorkel and had some quality bonding time with my vehicle.

Oh and I also repaired and reinstalled the passenger side storage box/sleeping platform. more photos to follow.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
20140726_200808.jpg Got rid of the "golden sombrerro"
20140726_200825.jpg
Painted it textured black with matte clear coat and put black frelective tape behind it.

20140718_191534.jpg Oh, and did a sweet wrap job on the LoadSpotter handle.

Removed the 3rd row seat belts. So much better not having those in the way. Also remounted the fridge enclosure making it easier to remove and reinstall. I also scooted it forward a few inches. Hopefully this will allow me to install all of the second row seats without having to pull the fridge enclosure. We shall see.

Future projects..... not in particular order.... Seeing if I can sell a kidney to fund it. lol
1. Wagon Gear tailgate mod
2. Slee shocks (front and rear)
3. New UCA's to get camber/caster squared away
4. EMS powered headers and full exhaust system.
5. Operation wiring clean-up.
6. OBA system. Extremeaire Magnum. (had it on the Jeep and LOVED it)
7. Powdercoat 2nd spare and get some new tires.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven