Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Well I didn't make it through the Rubicon trail this weekend (failed air locker, blown tire); nevertheless it was still an amazing experience. Learned a lot about my truck and myself. Im fortunate to live next to one of the most adventurous trails in the world. Looking forward to getting things dialed in and trying it again!

here is a quickie from the trip, will post more later. :)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Cool pic. That would be a tough obstacle without a locker! How far did you get? Any idea what caused the locker failure?

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Cool pic. That would be a tough obstacle without a locker! How far did you get? Any idea what caused the locker failure?

thanks,
We went the back way through Wentworth Springs rd. I think no one has done the trail through that way before. So it was new for everyone including me. Couple miles into the trail I started to have problems with traction, which led me to get violent with the throttle which led to blown tire. The compressor for the air-locker quit on me, so it wasn't engaging the locker.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Mine hasn't... not once. Honest. Its never been offroad

tumblr_m6ywyll5dg1r29qhao1_500.jpg

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
some pics I took at bear valley last weekend. Not an articulation warrior, but works enough to get by most trails.

I will be modifying my front fender. When flexed tires rub quite a bit on the lower edges.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Also I was able to get more down travel up front by installing Energy Suspension bump stops.

Takes no more than 15 min to do both sides. Front wheels don't need have to come off.

Also replaced the faulty locker. Pick and pull $30.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Also replaced the faulty locker. Pick and pull $30.
Correction... Locker Compressor.

For others reading this thread, the Mitsu locker uses a low pressure system. You actually have enough power in your lungs to actuate the locker. Other Air locker systems (ARB, etc) i've seen use a much higher pressure system. That said, the Mitsu compressor is a low pressure low volume compressor which IMHO helps keep it quiet and un-noticed when in use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77