Exped Storage Boxes

crusader

Adventurer
I use these...

My local electronics surplus place gets military shipping containers in regularly. I got these 2 cases made by ECS Cases for $40 each. These are great weatherproof cases and have the interlocking tops (a la lego) to keep them in place.

4016131524_7fcbceb437.jpg

I only wish I'd have picked up some more to resell--They must have had 30 in various sizes. All sold out within a few weeks:

4015347933_e53230a15e.jpg

Last edited:

toyota_jon

Adventurer
My local electronics surplus place gets military shipping containers in regularly. I got these 2 cases made by ECS Cases for $40 each. These are great weatherproof cases and have the interlocking tops (a la lego) to keep them in place.

WOW if you get a chance to grab some more of those i'm sure you could sell them in a heartbeat. i know i'd be in line to grab a couple!

crusader

Adventurer
WOW if you get a chance to grab some more of those i'm sure you could sell them in a heartbeat. i know i'd be in line to grab a couple!

I'll keep my eyes open. They have new stuff going through there all the time.

Right now, they have brand-new-looking Hardigg single lid cases made for carrying 3 military laptop computers at a time. They look like this except they are not as wide on the handle side (they only have 1 handle on each side, not 2):

SingleClosed.jpg

I'll have to go back and get the exact dimensions, but I'm gonna guess that the size of these Hardigg cases are about 24 inches across, 18" deep and maybe 20" tall. All in excellent condition, sealed from the elements and include push-button type atmospheric vents.

If I remember correctly, they wanted $55-$60 each for them, but it is the sort of place that is willing to haggle if you buy several at once.

EDIT: Oh--and they have 3 Pelican 1400 cases in great shape and one with a damaged vent for $28 each too. I DID get and re-sell more than a dozen of these several months ago. Great bargain!

-Mark

Last edited:

crusader

Adventurer
I'll have to go back and get the exact dimensions, but I'm gonna guess that the size of these Hardigg cases are about 24 inches across, 18" deep and maybe 20" tall.

Well, it looks as if the dimensions on these cases are actually 18" wide x 18" deep x16" tall and hold 2 laptops plus wiring and manual.

segona

Observer
Well, it looks as if the dimensions on these cases are actually 18" wide x 18" deep x16" tall and hold 2 laptops plus wiring and manual.

hello

I was wondering if there is any chance to buy those boxes ..

I really want have them.. from south Korea

thank you for reading

crusader

Adventurer
hello

I was wondering if there is any chance to buy those boxes ..

I really want have them.. from south Korea

thank you for reading

Segona: I hate to say this, but I am reluctant buy and ship any former military equipment (even empty plastic boxes) out of the country, sorry. Our government is just a bit too...sensitive...about things right now.

I will be happy to buy them and ship them to anyone within the United States, though.

Street Wolf, If you want me to pick up one (or more) of the Hardigg 18"x18"x15" tall shipping containers, just drop me an e-mail. mmasse(at)ZuniRacks(dot)com and I'll be happy to get as many as you need. If you are referring to the ECS containers pictured in the back of my Land Rover, those have been sold out for some time, unfortunately.

RgrBox

Adventurer
Military type kit is shipped out of the US everyday. I used to have so much stuff shipped over here. As long as the product isn't on the State Department list of No-Goes, or doesn't need a permanent to get out then it's no problem. A plastic box made by a civilian company sold on the civi market is totally legal. and 99.9% of all of the stuff made and used by the US Military comes from the civi market.

S

Street Wolf

I don't know. I just personally won't buy anything to use unless it's military of some sort or made by Pelican. You do get what you pay for.

DontPanic42

Adventurer
The Really Useful Boxes that I use for can goods are stored in my camper. After 2 seasons of seeing various temperatures they are fine. I am tempted to hang one of the minisized ones from my solar panel and see how it weathers.

Hung a box on the panel. A black one of recycled plastic so it should be a worst condition.

I took the box off the roof of the truck this AM. It has been up there since 12August2009. It has seen sun, lots of UV, rain, snow, hail, wind, and general banging around. No apparent UV damage. It seems to be as sturdy as it was when it was put up there.

go4aryd

Adventurer
Thanks for the test.

Always tough to tell visually if a box contains the UV inhibitor or not until it fails due to exposure. Would be nice to know in advance as many available products do not.

RU55ELL

Explorer
I went to Home Depot today and picked up two of those black and yellow boxes for $11.xx each. They also had those boxes with the interlocking half-lids for $7.xx but they weren't very sturdy when closed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy