Expedition Overland 2013 Tacoma Build

Ramjet

Explorer
looks great! i just installed a 2012 ARB on my tacoma aswell. i have to ask though. does your shake when you hit a good bump? all my bolts are tight nothing loose. maybe its just the way the bumper works? but it seems like it jumps around a bit to much.

That's the result of body on frame production. No worries. It's normal.

ExpeditionOverland

Supporting Sponsor
That's the result of body on frame production. No worries. It's normal.
Exactly, no worries. we left plenty of room for the flex that occurs.

Check this out:
When the truck is fully articulating like this:

This is what occurs in the front from flex.

c

Last edited:

ExpeditionOverland

Supporting Sponsor
We would say thats accurate. It depends on the detail of the print and the level of coverage. Our Wrap is being Sponsored by our Media Sponsor SCS unlimited in Bozeman MT. It heads there in the morning!

Last edited:

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
The comments about the body moving or flexing is correct. But on my 1st gen (04) Taco the ARB bar had serious vibrations. You could walk up to the bar, ********** it with your hand and it would vibrate or shake. That is not normal. The "end cap mod" is what is required to fix this issue. Front frame rails are capped with a nut welded to the inside or backside. Bolt goes through this for a frontal mount so that the bar is not just mounted from the sides. I had a dealership install my ARB bar and obviously they didn't do this. Later (several years) we did the end cap mod to it and the problem was solved.

Cheers

Ramjet

Explorer
The comments about the body moving or flexing is correct. But on my 1st gen (04) Taco the ARB bar had serious vibrations. You could walk up to the bar, ********** it with your hand and it would vibrate or shake. That is not normal. The "end cap mod" is what is required to fix this issue. Front frame rails are capped with a nut welded to the inside or backside. Bolt goes through this for a frontal mount so that the bar is not just mounted from the sides. I had a dealership install my ARB bar and obviously they didn't do this. Later (several years) we did the end cap mod to it and the problem was solved.

Cheers

I was wondering why the hell I was putting a bolt all the way back there in the frame. Thanks for the info. It explains a lot.

snye

The thought just occurred to me, but did you pick up this Tacoma at the dealership in Denver that you produced the commercial for? Hope they have you a deal, heck of an ad.

deadbeat son

Explorer
The thought just occurred to me, but did you pick up this Tacoma at the dealership in Denver that you produced the commercial for? Hope they have you a deal, heck of an ad.

The ad in this thread? That's no Denver dealership; it appears to be a regional ad for Toyota dealers in the NW part of the country (of which Colorado is nowhere near).

snye

The ad in this thread? That's no Denver dealership; it appears to be a regional ad for Toyota dealers in the NW part of the country (of which Colorado is nowhere near).

My mistake. On xoverland.com it states that the commercial was shot with an agency in Colorado. That must be where I got the Denver thought from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk