Expedition Overland - 2015 Season

carbon60

Explorer
little bit but i try to look past the corporate sponsoring. and its episode one where they met the toyota trd guy in bahaha where he won bahaha. so its kind of relevant.

Yeah, I don't mind the sponsorship at all. Someone has to pay for this and I enjoy watching.

Also, I think this must be excellent value for the sponsors. Guys like me spend money in their market, but I do not watch TV and have ad-block software everywhere that I can, so i don't see web advertising, either. But this kind of thing gets my attention, and I am actually interested in the products being used despite knowing they are all sponsored. I think everyone wins, here.

Why have I suddenly started daydreaming about a 4Runner with an Icon package? I could swear I was a Land Cruiser guy last week…

yeah i want a tacoma. I know im a jeep guy but a tacoma would solve my issues. I hate the 4 door jeep and I want a truck box. If the tacoma had a solid axle it would be hard to not switch. Im still hoping jeep will rerelease a commanche.

carbon60

Explorer
yeah i want a tacoma. I know im a jeep guy but a tacoma would solve my issues. I hate the 4 door jeep and I want a truck box. If the tacoma had a solid axle it would be hard to not switch. Im still hoping jeep will rerelease a commanche.

Nah, Tacomas can't drive across a beach without getting stuck in the sand up to the doors…

fireball

Explorer
I was surprised it popped out so easily with just the maxtrax. Looks like it was in there deep!

Rookie question on nighttime caravan desert driving:
Were all the trucks fully lit up to look better on the camera? I would imagine truck 2 and 3 being fully illuminated would be a bit hectic for truck 1 seeing all those lights in their mirrors, and those trucks would just use headlights and maybe fogs or lower mounted lights? But maybe you want as much illumination as everyone can get?

Not quite deliberate but certainly having more fun. Knowing we had two other rigs and the MaxTrax... It wasn't ever a dire situation.

maybe deliberate is wrong word. I imagine it went something like this. "oh damn were stuck" "try to rock it back and forth" "its only digging deeper" "keep going we will get it out on camera"
I know they dont inject unnecessary drama, which i love about this show, but when opportunity strikes for good photoage of a sponsor's gear without any real risk to the adventure I'm sure opportunity was seized. Trust me I'm not being disparaging here. But when the camera panned to a taco framed out in sand, I said to the GF, "That was on purpose. Big kids is all" and she said "you would have done the same thing" I smiled and said "have".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk